PC4 vs 44 Mag carbine + mini 30

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ASIGIAM

Bearcat
I am interested in a pc4 because i already own a p944 but a nice 44 mag just became available. pc4 seem to be in the 450 range. what seems to be a fair price for a 44 mag? I also own a mini 30. any reccomendations, or should i just keep the mini 30 and spend the 450 or so on ammo? just need a few suggestions.

ASIGIAM

Bearcat
sorry, i meant to say a 44 mag carbine. thr pc4 would complement the p944 i already own and i own a mini 30 but a nice 44 carbine has become available and i just wanted to see what others thought . i guess 44 mag ammo would be a consideration

Well the question(s) you need to ask yourself are numerous....

why, what for and possibly the answers are 'just because'...

Will you ever get rid of any of them?

Since you are thinking about getting rid of the mini-30 (I would not) then I guess you are not attached to your guns... (I've never sold a gun in my life, even though I have given 3 away)

If the 44 is a good deal and you can afford it, why not just get it and see how you like it... you can always pass it on when a PC4 comes along... which I think is a good idea since you already have a pistol that shoots the same ammo as well as take the same mags.