PC CARBINE WONT FIT WEAPON LIGHTS?!?!?!?!?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FARCYDE40

Bearcat
Just acquired a PC carbine yesterday shot 70 rounds through it with a Sig Sauer ROMEO4. Shot great, functioned fine. The problem is attaching a Surefire X300 or TLR1 series weapon light to the rail on the front of the forend... Each light bottoms out so that it doesn't click into the rail slot. Not on the swivel stud but the edge of the light/accessory rail. BAD ENGINEERING RUGER, why would you not make the rail capable of accepting 2 of the most popular brands of weapon lights on the market?!?!...

Has anyone else encountered this problem if so how have you fixed it if at all or does anyone have any suggestions?!?!?!?!
And for the guys that are going to suggest shaving/sanding/cutting off part of the forend to make the light fit, that aint gonna happen. There's no reason that should have to be done to accommodate something Ruger should've made right in the beginning.

I agree about needing to see a picture, Ruger has several light/laser setups on their website for the PC Carbine so I'm sure something will work for you...welcome to the forum!

http://shopruger.com/Sights-Lights-Lasers/products/2482/

grobin

Blackhawk
I've a love hate relation with on weapon lights. I love that they can invalidate an opponent of wildlife. I hate that they announce your presence and give the BG a great target. Unfortunately I have not found a really good light which can be triggered easily.

Both models that you mention have integral mounts and can not be used in a lot of weapons. I prefer a separate mount.

gc70

Bearcat
Buy a riser ($7), mount the riser on the rifle and mount the light on the riser.

MT_RSX5S_PRO_1.gif

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FARCYDE40

Bearcat
A riser may be the only way out, again not a fan of UTG products but a riser is a start however I wonder if a riser would me the light sit too low to mount a sling and add bulk. Do any other brands come to mind???

By the way I discovered earlier today that if you remove the locking key off of a TLR1/2 the light will sit flush if you crank the screw tight enough before it bottoms out. I'm sure with the carbine being chambered in 9mm wouldn't create enough recoil to push the light off of the rail if it was put on in this configuration but still it would be nice to have the locking key sit in the slot correctly (LIKE IT SHOULD FROM THE FACTORY) on the forend.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I haven't bought any other products from UTG but their risers work well. Especially if it's just a light mount I don't see a whole lot of reason to go more expensive unless you where mounting an optic of some kind to the riser.

Latest posts