PC Carbine Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chuck17

Bearcat
I purchased a new PC Carbine this past weekend. I took it home and replaced the magwell with the Glock unit. Everything looked good and tight, no flashing on the plastics and the ramp is very smooth. I ran a patch through the bore and oiled the receiver with some Breakfree. I took it to the indoor range today and put 150 rounds of the Remington-UMC 115 grain 9mm metal case FMJ down range without a hiccup. I used a 15-round and a 33-round Glock magazine. The groups were nice and tight. When seated with a rest I was putting them high and to the right, but standing they were going to point of aim with the iron sights. I am planning to put a Romeo5 on it. I have the Romeo5 on my 10/22 and am pleased with the performance of that.

I love this gun! I like the traditional rifle look, the takedown feature, the Glock magazine compatibility, and cheap nine-milly indoor practice fun. I ordered one of the FSDC takedown bags to go with it.

What size scope would be recommended for longer range plinking?

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
After reading your post, I had to take a look at the FSDC Takedown Bag. Looks just like Ruger's Takedown Bag, down to the materials the inner pockets are made of. I bet that's where Ruger gets their bags.

I had a Ruger Takedown Bag that I got with a 10-22 Takedown, and am now using it for my PC Carbine. I have been wanting another to sack up the .22 rifle, so I'll be getting one of the FSDC bag from Amazon.com ($49.99)...

If your rifle is shooting high and right off a rest, and to a different point of aim while standing, it may be you need to tighten up your barrel tension adjustment ring. My rifle had some issues until I tightened mine up so tight that it just snugs together firmly. To do this, I purposely ran the adjustment ring down too tight, where the barrel and receiver would not go together, then backed off the adjustment ring one click at a time till it snugged together.

413869877.jpg

Have fun with your PC Carbine, I'm loving mine.

Re: The FSDC Takedown Bag, if you've installed any of the butt spacers on the PC9 stock the lower section will not fit in the bag,

m657

Buckeye
I also discovered take down bag too tight after adding butt stock spacers. On the other hand now the sights line up perfectly without twisting around to see them.