PC carbine: My comments on responses on various board posts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
Pistol caliber carbines do seem to be taking the industry by storm! I was thinking that I own and have hunted with several of Ruger's pistol caliber carbines (the .44 Carbine and the Deerfield), but they don't really fit in the current category because they do not use a pistol's magazine. I think it really makes sense to use a pistol magazine that fits into the hand grip, especially since so many carbines today have the AR-15 style grip. But I'm still not fully sold on a pistol magazine hanging out of the base of the rifle stock as on the PCC. Maybe I'll get used to it as time goes on, but right now it just seems awkward looking.

Last edited:

Huskerguy72

Single-Sixer
I was actually going to take mine back out to the range this weekend some time. I love mine as well. I have shot multiple factory rounds and several of my own reloads including my own cast. Everything feeds and the gun is simply accurate and reliable. I switched over to the Glock mag well and found some PMags at a great price so I am set. All function extremely well. I also put a Romeo 5 and used the riser to allow for co-witnessing along with a flashlight/strobe up front with an additional green dot. For me, this is an ideal home defense firearm and I plan to use it in our clubs pistol caliber shoots.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Good review! I love my PCC9, it had some initial teething issues with the Glock Maxwell but a replacement cured the feeding issues perfectly. I put another hundred flawless rounds through it yesterday. I use Glock mags to pair with my G34 and I love the combo. Mine is the basic model without any of the extras like the hand guard and all but it suits me just fine. I threw an old 1x shotgun scope on it with a quick release on it and plan to get a dot sight also with a quick release to play with. Great gun for sure!