pc 4 /pc 9 storage?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

felixthecat1

Bearcat
Could some people post information regarding or pics of the bags/cases that they use to store their PCs?

I'd appreciate it. And if you know where the case can be obtained from currently, that'd be great also!

I recently obtained my PC4, and am having trouble finding a suitable storage/transport solution for said item.

Pics appreciated.

Rat76

Bearcat
Inexpensive cases from Bass Pro.

pc25.jpg

Usually they live in the safe.

s9group1.jpg

felixthecat1

Bearcat
Rat76":17mlkajb said:
Inexpensive cases from Bass Pro.

pc25.jpg

Usually they live in the safe.

s9group1.jpg

Thanks rat76,
So, you use the 10/22 case, eh? I thought the 10/22 was substantially shorter than the PCs, like 4" or more, no? SO i figured the 10/22 case was too short, but if your saying it fits, that could be an easy fix.

Rat76

Bearcat
Here is a pic of a Marlin 60 & a 10-22. The Marlin is an inch or two longer than the PC9/4s. It fits the 10-22 case but is up against both ends. The PCs fit very well with a little space left over. Actually they fit the case better than the 10-22.

22-1.jpg

Don't have a pic of the PCs & the 10-22.

None of my 10/22s are standard now so I can't compare the two... but one thing is for sure the PC9 or PC4 will fit in the Ruger 10/22 rifle case.

PC9.jpg

would not be my first choice because the 10/22 case has no place to store extra mags and such.

felixthecat1

Bearcat
blume357":g7q7lfy6 said:
None of my 10/22s are standard now so I can't compare the two... but one thing is for sure the PC9 or PC4 will fit in the Ruger 10/22 rifle case.

PC9.jpg

would not be my first choice because the 10/22 case has no place to store extra mags and such.

So, I got the 40" bob allen case from the Ruger Website, and I feel pretty much the same way as you, Blume. The 40" Case fits nice, but there are 2 things I don't like.

1: No place for mags, accessories/

2: Case does not open all the way, unlike the 10/22 case shown above.

I'm not sure if these two factors are enough to make me send it back or not yet, but I definitely need to figure something out, so I can stop just storing my new PC4 under my bed in a hefty bag.

Any other suggestions, pictures, fellow Ruger owners?

Of course this won't work with the Standard PCs but it does work with a rifle with a folding stock and 18" barrel. My PC9 has a folding stock and I recently used this case to carry it to and from Indianapolis. It has a zippered pouch inside that holds about 3 mags too! (Is pictured with my 10/22)

tennisbag.jpg

Latest posts