Para Ordance GI

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dana the Dane

Bearcat
I agree with Yosemite. Rock Island Armory makes good quality 1911 for the money. I was in the market for a new 1911 to go with my Kimber Custom II about a year ago. Looked at the Springfields, Kimbers, and Colts and figured I had to save up a bit more to get one. I found out about the Para GI Expert from the same "American Rifleman" article mentioned above. A local gun shop had one in stock and I went to go take a look at it. I was not impressed. But sitting in the gun case right next to it was a plain-jane Rock Island Armory GI full sized. It was so ugly it was beautiful (no chromed beavertail GS, Chamfered titanium barrel bushing, or Nitrous Oxide injected magazine well, or Doppler radar heat-seeking Tritium night sights). I bought it for $400 with tax.
I took that little ugly orphan and gave her a good home. She is the best shooter I have ever owned.
(I've bought two more since then: Tactical 5", and the Match Grade") Rock Islands are the best bang for the $$, bar none!! (and the GI is a great "tinkerer"s gun...I've learned a lot about the 1911 platform by trial and error)
Just my .02

revhigh

Hawkeye
The RIA's are really good guns ... they've always been good guns ... it's hard to believe they cost what they do.

If I hadn't gotten my Springfield for the same price, I would have bought an RIA in a minute. I wanted a gun to modify and tinker with, and I won't do that to ANY of my Colts.

REV

mattsbox99

Hunter
38k rounds through my Para 2011 LDA .40 with no problems. I own lots of 1911s and 2 are Paras, they are pretty good guns.

Both of my Paras are LDAs, one is the 7-45, the other is a 16-40.

I doubt you'll be disappointed with the Para.

Kanook

Buckeye
Call me crazy but I wont own any pistol made in Canada. They wont let thier own citizens own pistols freely but they can produce them and sell them to us? No thanks. What do we make and sell to Canada that our own citizens cant own?
First, We can own them freely. We are restricted on where we can shoot them.

Second, and only because you asked there are some things that are made in the US that is easy for a Canadian to get and is restricted (pemits needed)here. They are not firearm related so I will not list them.

Latest posts