Painted my SR9 sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9Mill_Bill

Bearcat
These pics are crappy, I could only take them with my iphone,,, and it's camera sucks ass!!!

I had a hard time seeing the sights, maybe my contacts, old age,,who knows..lol! But I picked up some neon orange, and neon yellow and gave it a shot. Man, what a difference! I think the eye naturally picks up these "unnatural colors". pics don't do it justice. They are very bright and easily picked up by my eyes! I gotta find my digital camera and get some batteries for it.

I'll post this one pic, I have more but they didnt come out that great.

330acfc0.jpg

G XXII

Bearcat
I have the problem with the sights. What type of neon paint and where did you buy it? Thanks. G

G XXII

Bearcat
I have the problem with the sights. What type of neon paint and where did you buy it? Thanks. G

9Mill_Bill

Bearcat
it's an acrylic paint I got at AC Moore, I'm sure it wont last, but I got enough to last forever for $1. Until somebodey makes good sights for this gun...this will have to do. Plus, I like having the front sight a different color then the rear.

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
There is a store in our mall (I live in Indio Ca.) called "Claire's" (Chick Store), they have Neon nail polish. I had been looking for neon nail polish for a while. I bought some BRIGHT neon green, and BRIGHT neon orange. My sights on my P89 are painted with them. They are fantastic, will last forever. If you have this store near you, have a look.

9Mill_Bill

Bearcat
Can You take a pic of them? If nail polish is the ticket, I will look for that. I want them to be bright as hell!!

Thanks.

tango6

Bearcat
I found this on amazon.com. it said 1/2 were bright neon and the others had glitter in them. don't know if this is what you were looking for.

L.A. Colors Nail Art Lacquer - Art Deco - All 22 Colors
Other products by SHANY
5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
3 Reviews
5 star: (3)
4 star: (0)
3 star: (0)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)

› See all 3 customer reviews...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $59.95
Price: $24.95 ($1.13 / Item)
You Save: $35.00 (58%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

3 new from $24.50

raw6464

Bearcat
9Mill_Bill":29c02chq said:
Can You take a pic of them? If nail polish is the ticket, I will look for that. I want them to be bright as hell!!

Thanks.

Go to any large drug store like Rite-Aid or CVS they have tons of nail polish colors. I used a very bright orange. If your sights are already white you can just apply the nail polish. If your sights are black you need to apply a white coat first to get a good contrast when you apply the nail polish... any white paint will work.

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Ok, Testers does make Neon enamel paint. The only thing is you have to purchase the ten pack, when it used to be that you could buy the Neons individually. Again, TESTERS model paint, at your local Hobby Store. It's about ten bucks or so.

Vecco

Single-Sixer
As mentioned already, I always use Nail polish, it's very cheap and if you don't like it it's easily and safely removed, and the old white sights are unaffected. I have used Hi Vis orange, green, all black and back to white as my eyes have changed over the years. Nail polish is the cheap easy way to go without changing your sights.

PS I get my Nail Polish at Wal-Mart for about $1.90 a bottle.. and they have LOTS of high Vis colors.

G XXII

Bearcat
Vecco":1b7s2rbo said:
As mentioned already, I always use Nail polish, it's very cheap and if you don't like it it's easily and safely removed, and the old white sights are unaffected. I have used Hi Vis orange, green, all black and back to white as my eyes have changed over the years. Nail polish is the cheap easy way to go without changing your sights.

PS I get my Nail Polish at Wal-Mart for about $1.90 a bottle.. and they have LOTS of high Vis colors.

I'll bet your nails look fabulous. [sorry Vecco, you left yourself wide open] :shock:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Nail Polish is THE BOMB! Er.., uh, you know, on SIGHTS that is :D

I'm at the mall where the store I mentioned above is couple'times a month if anyone wants some. PM me.