packmayr grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ithaca4me

Bearcat
I am looking to pick up a set of there decelorator grips for my Super Blackhawk hunter and I am having trouble figuring out which one is the correct one. It does not have the square trigger guard but most places that sell them do not differentiate can anyone give me the correct item number . Thanks
P.S. I know dumb question.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
If you have the rounded trigger guard, you want the Blackhawk size grips.

I have a practically brand new pair in my "junk box"... if you're interested.... email me.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger Packer":11q0w4oh said:
If you have the rounded trigger guard, you want the Blackhawk size grips.

Not quite. The Hunter grip frame is actually, a Super Blackhawk grip frame without the Square Backed Trigger guard design and only accepts the classic Super Blackhawk grips.

The "production" examples were usually shipped with Ruger's "laminate" grips.

Some "homeboy" gun butchers reshape the trigger guards on their standard Super grip frames to obtain the "Hunter" style...

85490282.jpg

333850203.jpg

This one was "imaged" prior to welding the rounded trigger guard..

Adding Bisley hammer spurs to OM hammers is a topic for some other day....

flatgate

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
If you want Pachmayr Decelerators the part number is RSB-G/D P/N 05134. I just bought a pair off Gunbroker last week for $20. I have seen them on egay for $20-$30.

ithaca4me

Bearcat
Just got the grips from Ruger today and they do not fit. On their website they say it will fit the super blackhawk. When I recieve said item it states it will fit the XRN frames the super blackhawk hunter has the HRN frame you talk about P.O'd. P poor explanations on their website.

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
WOW that sucks. Good luck dealing with Ruger's sportswear and accessories division. Most of them are like talking to house plants and some of their management are just rude A** HOLES!