Pacific Tool CO. Press

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Krazy Okie

Bearcat
Need your help finding a book on the Pacific Tool Company single stage press. I have spoken to the folks at Hornady, they do not have anything that goes back that far. It's an old Multi Power 7P, any help would be greatly apprciated... 8) 8) 8)

contender

Ruger Guru
I remember seeing such stuff,,,, but I don't have any manuels. Now,,, you can look for old gun magazines & see of you can locate ads for them,,, but I doubt you'd find much else.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

This isn't gonna be much help, but might lead you on an interesting search...

A few weeks ago, I stumbled on a site that had pictures of a lot of the old Pacific presses up to about the time they became part of Hornady. Looked like they were taken from advertising or maybe the first pages of the manuals?

I believe I was searching something like "Pacific press history" or similar. (I was trying to figure when my Power C that has both the Pacific and Hornady names on the label might have been built.)

Sorry, that's all I can offer.

Rick C

onthehunt

Bearcat
I bought a brand new Pacific press last year for $10 at a garage sale. I didn't know that Hornady didn't still make them. How long ago did they stop manufacturing them?

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
onthehunt":1frt9lhn said:
I bought a brand new Pacific press last year for $10 at a garage sale. I didn't know that Hornady didn't still make them. How long ago did they stop manufacturing them?

Hi,

Mine was almost "brand new" in that there was some storage damage but it appeared to be virtually unused when I got it a couple of years ago.

Best I can tell, it was built in the early '80s probably near the end of production. It's a Power C that says "Manufactured by Pacific Tool Company, Div of Hornady" on the sticker. Trusting memory (dangerous?) from when we sold 'em at the range, I think "Pacific" had disappeared from labels on the shotshell loaders somewhere between about '83 and '85... I'm not sure about the metallic presses.

Rick C