Pachmayr grips for the Speed Six Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Guys, I am sure that this has been covered many times before but...I used our Search Engine here but still need help.

I put a deposit down on a shooter- grade Speed Six with my local FFL. Will pick it up in 2 weeks and will post pictures then. Serial # is 161-425xx. It's present grips appear to be Hogue Lamo Camos. They are not my style but seem somewhat uncommon.

Presently, I am leaning toward Pachmayrs. I don't quite understand if there in fact 2 types of these:

1. Pachmayr Presentation Compac Professional

2. Presentation/Compac ?

I am looking for the bigger/longer of the 2.
Are they all one in the same?
Some I see have no ruger emblem
Some do it seems.
Thanks for your time friends.
Flatbush

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
There are (were?) two different types. I can describe them, but I cannot put the correct name with the correct grip. One had an exposed backstrap, the other did not.

Earlier models of one or both had the serial number on the bottom of the grip covered up, while a later model had a "window" to view the serial number.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
From the Midway USA website: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/667437/pachmayr-compac-professional-grips-ruger-speed-six-rubber-black

"The Compac Professional is a 10% smaller version of the Compac grip to maximize concealability. This design has an open back strap and the overall shape has been downsized which makes it possible for shooters with small hands or short fingers to comfortably reach the trigger. Black."

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
Here's a "For Sale" listing from 2012 that has good pictures of each style:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6600906/WTS_Pachmayr_Grips_for_Ruger_S

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Thanks Mike for the 24 hour campfire photos. The thing that makes no sense to me is that the Professional is supposed to be 10% smaller, yet it looks taller to me than the grip on the right. Maybe I am over thinking this.

I have another Speed Six (blued) that was made by Sile that I purchased from Cdnn a while back. I could get another set of them but want try something different on my new Stainless model. Maybe the 10% smaller means thinner-not taller.
Thanks
Flatbush

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
So, I picked up a Pachmayr Presentation Compaq Professionals on Gunbroker today.
Open back
Emblems
It SEEMS the taller of the two grips, but I believe it is not as "thick" and therefore 10% smaller.
The Sile grips for the Speed Six I purchased in the past had finger grooves and were a bit on the thick side. Guess if I don't like one kind of the Pachmayrs, I can always turn around and try the other Grip. Neither are obviously in production any more so its not an expensive proposition should I wind up with both grips.

Although, I'm gonna have to start saving for that GP100 in 22Lr.

Thanks for your time and consideration guys!
Flatbush