P95dc first time out, report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bendable

Bearcat
I finally got too the www.riosaladosportsman.com range.

I was horrified at the results of my first two mags,with the targetr at 30 feet, I have never shot that bad ! even while learning too shoot!

So I had a range officer take a turn and he did much better,
He's seen me shoot before and told me that although the trigger action is a good one, its totally differant than my GP, my SP, or my XD 9mm or my P90 handguns.
Well I did better and better , I went through 200 rounds. and was satisfied that the gun was not the problem , it was total "pilot error"

I may end up liking it better than my XD, but its going to take awhile to find out , I really love my Sprinfield.

[This message has been edited by bendable (edited 10-29-2006).]

[This message has been edited by bendable (edited 10-29-2006).]

RNettles

Bearcat
I bought a 100 round box of Remington UMC because it was cheap at Wally World... that was the only ammo my gun and I didn't like... the loads varied so much POI was all over the place. No FTE or FTF, the gun ate it, just all over the place. I learned my lesson, never again. My P95DPR shoots right on using Federal, Hornady and Winchester WWB... My 2.

------------------
ruger_small.jpg

timjo1955a

Bearcat
A particular pistol may be finicky with a certain brand of ammo. However, my KP95 has been 100% with CCI/Blazer, Blazer Brass, Fiocchi, WWB, Rem UMC, American Eagle, Geco, Sellier & Bellot, Wolf, and Olympic. The first three on this list are my favorites and I haven't shot Wolf in several years, except 7.62x39.

aaronrb204

Bearcat
Glad you like it. Mine has enjoyed eating WWB, S&B, CCI Blazer and Blazer Brass, and some other brands. After I bought it I knew very little about ammo and called Ruger to check on types and such. I was told that anything was fine except for steel cases.

I can shoot revolvers a lot better than simi-autos. The P95 to me is a little hard to control. First time I shot one I couldn't believe how bad it/I shot. Over time and a few hundred rounds through it and things got better for both of us.

Not puting the P95 down, it just never will be a bulls eye target pistol for me. But then that's not what I carry one for. I've got three.

timjo1955a

Bearcat
I went to the range yesterday with my KP95- 50 rounds of Blazer Brass, 50 rounds of Fiocchi, and 10 rounds of Federal HST. As always, the gun functioned 100%.
When I did my part, I hit numerous bullseyes. Several jagged holes in water jugs with the HST, although not as impressive as the Federal 9BPLE.
I really love this "little" gun. It concealed well with a FIST holster.

gdog

Bearcat
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timjo1955a:
<B>I went to the range yesterday with my KP95- 50 rounds of Blazer Brass, 50 rounds of Fiocchi, and 10 rounds of Federal HST. As always, the gun functioned 100%.
When I did my part, I hit numerous bullseyes. Several jagged holes in water jugs with the HST, although not as impressive as the Federal 9BPLE.
I really love this "little" gun. It concealed well with a FIST holster.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Federal 9BPLE is the cats meow.The P95 handles it just fine but I destroyed a Sig 226 Navy with it.Now I am reloading some Hornady 147 gr BTHP/XTP hot loads.Ruger really got the recoil spring design perfect on the P95.The hottest loads only throw the brass about 8ft,any other brand pistol I have tried ends up 20 are more feed away.I like the P95 so much I own three.After years of shooting I now only own three brands,Ruger,H&K and CZ and in 9mm or .45acp.Tried the .40 cal but never found much use for it.

Ed

------------------
Don't ever start something you may never live to regret.

[This message has been edited by gdog (edited 11-01-2006).]