P95 Range Time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
FINALLY got a bit of range time with the 95, 200 rounds without any issues whatsoever. WWB FMJ's, and some JHP's. It's been a while so I didn't do all that well hitting the target. Happy that the gun functions as it should however.
The P89? Perfect as usuall.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Good to hear! Convinced a co-worker into a P95 and he loves it. It's the only Ruger centerfire auto that ever really felt good. Very good size I think. With the new SR line though, I'm thinking the P-series will be let go. :(

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":lw2gzmxr said:
With the new SR line though, I'm thinking the P-series will be let go. :(
BlkHawk73 ... With the popularity and durability of the P series over the past 25 years, and with what I suspect is continuing strong sales of the P90 & P95, I can't imagine any scenario where Ruger would completely eliminate their center fire hammer pistols in favor of an all striker fired pistol lineup (maybe update ... but certainly not eliminate :wink:)

wildturk

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":3cv99pn2 said:
Good to hear! Convinced a co-worker into a P95 and he loves it. It's the only Ruger centerfire auto that ever really felt good. Very good size I think. With the new SR line though, I'm thinking the P-series will be let go. :(

If you like the feel of the P95, but like a metal frame check out the P93's.

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
My P95 and I just love the WWB for target shooting.... I get all twitterpated everytime I walk back to the counter at Wally World and I see em stacked up.... I buy 1 or 2 everytime they have em, because it ain't that often they do! I just bought another 3 boxes the other day.... ever seen that show "Hoarders"? I'm heading that way :)

Glad to hear you had a good range trip, those are food for the soul in my book...

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
TruthNotRelative":176cfr0j said:
FINALLY got a bit of range time with the 95, 200 rounds without any issues whatsoever. WWB FMJ's, and some JHP's. It's been a while so I didn't do all that well hitting the target. Happy that the gun functions as it should however. The P89? Perfect as usuall.
Always nice to spend some quality range time with trusted friends :D

sicboy13":176cfr0j said:
My P95 and I just bought another 3 boxes the other day.... ever seen that show "Hoarders"? I'm heading that way :).
Sicboy ... three boxes is hardly hoarding :lol:. I've maintained substancial stashes of ammo for all of my primary calibers for many years as it allows me to replenish what I need when I find it and never get caught short (aka being prepared). I suspect that many of the people crying "ammo hoarding" never plan ahead in the other important aspects of their life either :wink:.

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
BuckJM53":2mkk6wwy said:
TruthNotRelative":2mkk6wwy said:
FINALLY got a bit of range time with the 95, 200 rounds without any issues whatsoever. WWB FMJ's, and some JHP's. It's been a while so I didn't do all that well hitting the target. Happy that the gun functions as it should however. The P89? Perfect as usuall.
Always nice to spend some quality range time with trusted friends :D

sicboy13":2mkk6wwy said:
My P95 and I just bought another 3 boxes the other day.... ever seen that show "Hoarders"? I'm heading that way :).
Sicboy ... three boxes is hardly hoarding :lol:. I've maintained substancial stashes of ammo for all of my primary calibers for many years as it allows me to replenish what I need when I find it and never get caught short (aka being prepared). I suspect that many of the people crying "ammo hoarding" never plan ahead in the other important aspects of their life either :wink:.

Allow me to rephrase, I added 3 boxes to the safe.... 8)