P95 preban mag questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bigdog

Bearcat
Hi

I am trying to find some preban hi-cap mags for my P95 since I am stuck here behind the lines. Can anyone tell me what is out there available made before 10/94 ? I know Ruger made 15's with the metal baseplate, but are there any 17's or any other manufacturer out there ? thanks in advance

I think you are out of luck... I believe 'importing' 10+capacity mags into New York State is illegal.

If you find mags that were already in the state before the ban I don't know how you or the authorities determine this.

96/44

Blackhawk
There are plenty of hi-cap mags out there, both pre 94 and current, and I have never seen one with a date on it, not that I am suggesting you break any laws. Most people agree that that the factory mags are best, and mec-gars are ok too, they make a 17rd for the P-series.

Bigdog

Bearcat
96/44":zwf2xf2x said:
There are plenty of hi-cap mags out there, both pre 94 and current, and I have never seen one with a date on it, not that I am suggesting you break any laws. Most people agree that that the factory mags are best, and mec-gars are ok too, they make a 17rd for the P-series.

Hi

I know the early pre-94 mags had the metal base and any ones with the plastic bottoms, Ruger, Mec-Gar etc. wouldn't be legal here. You guys don't know how lucky you are to live in a free state LOL

railroader

Single-Sixer
If you can find some factory mags that have the round count holes on the back side of the mag those would be p85 mags. Those would definitely be pre ban. Mark

Bigdog

Bearcat
desertrat":1ks1a01h said:
Bigdog":1ks1a01h said:
.....You guys don't know how lucky you are to live in a free state LOL

move.

Too bad it's not that easy. If I was 23 and single with no responsibilities or debts I would in a heartbeat, but if your 50 and have 32 years invested in your job it's not that simple especially in a recession. Unless of course you want to offer me a job at what I'm making now ?

Bigdog

Bearcat
tkarter":2opqp3t8 said:
Vote the idiots who make those rules and bans out of office.

tk

I live in upstate NY where most of the elected officials are Republicans, the problem is downstate with NY City and the surrounding cities.Unfortunately Albany and NY City is controlled by the liberals and control most of the power in the state. We up here would like nothing better than to split the state in half.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Education wins. People want to be free I do believe. Don't give up fight them that take what is rightfully yours.

tk