P95 locked up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bill Lamb

Bearcat
Hi, I am new to the forum, thanks in advance for the help. I have a P95 that worked just fine until the slide was removed for cleaning. The guide rod and bbl were seperated from the slide as well. When we put it back together, we may have had the guide rod turned wrong, but now the slide is in it's proper place, guide rod is sticking out the front of pistol. The slide will barely move forward or backward. I have heard of guys using a stiff wire to pull the take down lever from inside the mag well. What do you suggest I do?

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
ya know, first time I field stripped mine, I managed to do this too, for the life of me I don't recall how I fixed it, dumb luck, thats for sure tho.

I also managed to work out the hammer pivot pin so my mag was hard as heck to eject.... I know I didnt use a wire rod tho.... (i just got lucky smacking it, pulling the trigger and flipping the decocker like a maniac...)

A

Anonymous

I keep a dental pick with a nice 90 degree bend in it just in case mine decides to pop up! So far only used it once! :mrgreen:

Bill Lamb

Bearcat
Many thanks to the guys that posted a reply. The dental pick, gently pulling down on the ejector while moving slide slightly back and forth was the trick. Once the ejector was flipped down, the slide moved back, then came off the front. I must have put the guide rod in wrong. Great site with good people.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
I put mine back together with the guide rod upside down the first time I took it apart. That shoulder just looks like it belongs there. One doesn't notice the link won't be able to accept the pin until after they have made that mistake.

It seems frustrating when one does it but it is fixable without damage to the gun.

tk

jonniep95-2x

Bearcat
Happened to me too. Like others I got lucky and it. Came apart in a minute or so.dvsre

Scared
Me though, thought I broke it within the first day I hsf it. Definitely learned from it