P95 light primer strikes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Could be a weak hammer spring I think. I just put a lighter spring in one of mine (got it in a karma here) and have not tried it out.....

but you can get these 'wolf' springs from somewhere I'm sure and they are not that hard to replace... ore even the original factory one.

railroader

Single-Sixer
Do you have the stock hammer spring? I have been using a 19lb. instead of a 22lb(stock) and it has been fine until last week end where I got 1 light strike. I'm going to go back to the stock spring. Mark

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
railroader":230nptr0 said:
Do you have the stock hammer spring? I have been using a 19lb. instead of a 22lb(stock) and it has been fine until last week end where I got 1 light strike. I'm going to go back to the stock spring. Mark

It's the stock spring. Do you think that I should try putting some lube into the firing pin channel. It's dry as a bone now. Some contend it should be free of lube to avoid attracting gunk, yet others swear that they have better hits with a little bit of oil. :?

I'd try and flush it out with one of the spray cleaning/lubes and see what happens...

If this doesn't solve the problem I'd get a new spring. Like I said they are very easy to replace... and believe me if anyone can screw up a gun or have a spring shoot out into never land, I can do it.

I shot my KP95 with the new 18lb Wolf Spring last week and it worked fine through 30 rounds.

I think the only other possibility is the firing pin has worn down and that will probably be a smith job... I'd leave that as the very last option.