P95 hammer pivot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wildwilly

Bearcat
I am having a problem with my hammer pivot pin backing out shot the gun 45 times could hardly get the last magaazine out pushed the pin in worked fine but the pin keeps working out is it something I can fix or does the gun have to go to Ruger? Bought it new yesterday

blammer

Single-Sixer
are you dry firing a lot? If you don't put in an empty magazine (be sure it's empty!) it can back out.

wildwilly

Bearcat
I did another search and found some old posts it backed out while shooting but might have started when I was fooling with it before and I didn't notice I read one post where it might stop after the gun wears in a little I'll just shoot it awhile and see what happens

railroader

Single-Sixer
The hinged ejector holds that pin in. Make sure the pin is all the way in and the ejector plate is all the way back. Now when you have a mag in the gun the pin shouldn't be able to come out. It sounds like if you had problems pulling a mag out the pin had been sticking out a little when the mag was inserted. That would keep the ejector plate a little forwrd and bind up the mag.

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
I managed to get mine backed out the first time I field stripped it (I was trying to cock the hammer to see how everything worked).. I didnt notice it and thought I completely borked my gun up because the mag was veeeery hard to eject & also to get seated, then I figured out what was happening & pushed it back in... hurp derp!