P95 frame without rail

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kg4kpg

Bearcat
Is it possible to buy the non-rail frame anywhere? I want to keep my rail frame but would like to find one without. Curious to pricing.

Thanks,

Chris

ddd482

Single-Sixer
is that the serialized part of the gun? if so, would probably cost what another complete gun does-
if not the serialized part- watch gunbroker- there are parts on ther quite often-

blume357

Hawkeye
Just buy an older P95... the one with out the stippled grip.... the textured grip and railed frame are the new model that came out about 2 or 3 years ago... plenty of older P-95s out there....

personally I see no benefit to the rail... can't for the life of me think of why I would want to hang something off of it...

then again, you could get a newer model and just fill in the rail part...

here is a picture of both the new and old models.... because of parralex in the wide angle lens the newer model on the left looks a little shorter.... but isn't ...also I measured both and the rail does not add any thickness to the size of the foreframe>

DSCN0139.jpg

railroader

Single-Sixer
Personally rail or no rail is a trade off. The newer frames with the rail aren't as slippery and they have the rounded trigger guard which looks better to me. Mark