P95 Dry-fire question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bracsim

Bearcat
I think is ok to dryfire the P95, I own one and never had a problem with dryfire, the SR9 is a different story.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
I don't make a habit of dry-firing anything alot without using snap caps. The P95 performed so flawlessly (the first time to the range) and has such a "sweet" trigger that I doubt there will be any "break-in", so I'd rather not blow $16 on Snap Caps (when I can get ~75 rounds for that price) and just dry-fire the thing "on occassion"

kscott

Single-Sixer
Bracsim, sounds like you may have had a bad experience with the Sr9 and dryfiring? I definitely don't mean to thread jack this, but I just want to say that I've dryfired mine my SR9 a ton of times and never have had a problem, but your mileage may vary. :wink:

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
MountainGator":obblcmoq said:
I don't make a habit of dry-firing anything alot without using snap caps. The P95 performed so flawlessly (the first time to the range) and has such a "sweet" trigger that I doubt there will be any "break-in", so I'd rather not blow $16 on Snap Caps (when I can get ~75 rounds for that price) and just dry-fire the thing "on occassion"

I really like the p95. I actually sold my other pistols, but if you think the p95 has a "sweet" trigger you need to try some other guns. :D

noob

Bearcat
I like my p95, though it gave me problems, but probably wouldn't buy another one.

GhosT

Blackhawk
MountainGator,
Dryfire away......
Every centerfire Ruger handgun I own dryfired 1000 times the first month.
Smooths the trigger action!

Although prolly not necessary, I did leave an empty case in the chamber...just in case....