P944 disassembly? Help wanted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

November

Single-Sixer
Get or borrow a copy of the gun digest book of semiautomatics assembly/disassembly. Follow the instructions and it's a piece of cake.

barlamech

Bearcat
Thank you to everybody who's replied to my question!

Unfortunately, no luck so far. The videos I've seen are good, but they cover only field-stripping for cleaning. No information about further disassembly for frame or slide, e.g, in order to do a thorough once-a-year cleaning or to replace springs or inner parts.

The Gun Digest book text is OK, but the photos are very dark and hard to see, at least with my elderly eyes.

What I wish there were a Ruger book like the old Army FM for the M1911. Now there was a book! Better than the Kama Sutra, when you needed it!

Guess I'll keep seeking at bookstores, gunshows and on the Net, hoping to hit paydirt before Alzheimer's takes over.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
I wonder if there was an amorer's manual or similar ever published? I've never heard of one, but given the civilian adoptions and the intended military adoption, you would think there might be one.

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
Really late to the post, but It is extremely easy to pull out the extractor, extractor side decocking lever, other decocking lever, and then the firing pin and firing pin spring will pop right out. I was told by a Ruger Machinist that the ejector is a real PITA to get out. I never tried further disassembly.

Tx944

Bearcat
barlamech said:
Where can I find a manual or other instructions for disassembling the P944?

The manual that come with the piece shows only field stripping.

Hi, I found this video that makes quick work of takedown for your 944

http://www.firearms-videos.com/category/ruger-p94-disassembly-instructions/
Hope it helps.
:wink:

Tx944

Bearcat
John,
I was a member for two years, then I decided I can't afford to belong to everything, So I dropped the Texas Asso and just continued paying for the National Assoc..
It's been a lot cheaper with just the NRA and Buckmasters.
2 clubs and 3 magazines is enough to pay for.
Whats that about Bear flashlights?
:)

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
Tx944,

That's my signature line--I put that in my profile and it appears in all of my posts as a sort of "signature".

TSRA is consistently voted the best state gun rights organization in the nation and it's one that works very hard for the citizens of TX. In spite of that, there are only about 40K members. Pretty sad considering that we have nearly half a million folks in TX with CHLs who wouldn't have them if it weren't for the efforts of the TSRA.

Black Bear flashlights is a company that sells custom super-high-powered flashlights. I like the products and the excellent customer service so I put a plug for them in all my posts. :wink:

Tx944

Bearcat
John,
Thanks a lot.
I'm glad you informed me of that info, I may have to look into reapplying.
I didn't know about the signature line posting more info.
Thanks for that also.
I'll work on mine :)

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Not that i want to make the author of the "Complete Ruger P Disassembly/Reassembly" rich or anything, but that should really be a STICKY. SO many people enquire about "complete" disassembly of the Ruger P's but almost no one knows about the DVD. I owned a VHS version and if you want to completely disassemble a P85 on up to the P95DPR this vid is the way to go. I've had my P89 and My P95DPR disassembled several times, thanks to the DVD mentioned above. S T I C K Y

Tx944

Bearcat
TruthNotRelative said:
Not that i want to make the author of the "Complete Ruger P Disassembly/Reassembly" rich or anything, but that should really be a STICKY. SO many people enquire about "complete" disassembly of the Ruger P's but almost no one knows about the DVD. I owned a VHS version and if you want to completely disassemble a P85 on up to the P95DPR this vid is the way to go. I've had my P89 and My P95DPR disassembled several times, thanks to the DVD mentioned above. S T I C K Y

Hi,

Do you have any idea where someone could buy the DVD you speak of?
I would pick one up just for reference If I knew where to get it.
Thanks ,
:?