P93 Dc

Help Support Ruger Forum:

t0n3

Bearcat
SO i just recently joined this forum. I only own one ruger and its a P93DC, I don't see many topics on this gun. I was wondering if someone could give me some feedback on my gun. I just dont see a lot of people on here talking about them. So I guess many people don't own them, is there a reason nobody has these?

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
It's an excellent gun. It was Ruger's concept of a compact version of the P94 (which itself was very slightly smaller than the P85/P89/P90/P91); unfortunately, compared to other guns in its intended market niche, it really wasn't all that compact, relatively speaking. Resultant sales figures were relatively low, so it eventually was discontinued.

However, the gun itself is quite good-enjoy!

Best, Jon

awdaholic

Bearcat
Pics are fun
P93DC.jpg

Congrats

reakin

Single-Sixer
I think what hurt the P93 was the introduction of the P95. People that wanted the compactness of the P93, also preferred the light weight of the polymer P95 frame.

reakin

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
If anyone has one they don't want and would like to donate it to a budding Ruger collector, I'll gladly take if off their hands :D (I'll even pay for shipping :p )

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
I think that you're right, Reakin. Plus, the P95has the camblock recoil system, and the P93 retained the swinging link, so the P95 probably has a slightly softer recoil, and theoretically may be slightly more durable.

My preference between the two would still be with the P93, however (meaning to cast no aspersions on the P95!)

Best, Jon

t0n3

Bearcat
THANKS GUYS! I was jsut hoping I didn't buy the ONLY bad gun ruger made lol. I am new to the forum and can't figure out how to post a pic or I would....maybe someone can give me a little more help in doing that lol

wildturk

Single-Sixer
ab4ka":1pa5471d said:
If anyone has one they don't want and would like to donate it to a budding Ruger collector, I'll gladly take if off their hands :D (I'll even pay for shipping :p )

Ahh, you just missed one! I just let a NIB blued, 2 mags etc go. If I would have known you "wanted" one and would even pick up the shipping... :p

ronnieb

Bearcat
Wish I had mine back. Great gun and never a hiccup of any kind.
True, it is kinda bulky for carry, but truly reliable as my P95.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
wildturk":33buwt7e said:
ab4ka":33buwt7e said:

Ahh, you just missed one! I just let a NIB blued, 2 mags etc go. If I would have known you "wanted" one and would even pick up the shipping... :p

that's the story of my life :(

wildturk

Single-Sixer
ronnieb":9h6pcz8g said:
Wish I had mine back. Great gun and never a hiccup of any kind.
True, it is kinda bulky for carry, but truly reliable as my P95.

I sold one, but kept one of each, P93, KP93.... two of my favorite P-Series. Just like a 95 without the polymer. Nothing against poly, have a few of them too.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
t0n3,
I have been looking for one for several months now after I read on this very forum that they were the same size as the P95 but without the polymer. The extremely few that I have encountered in NC seemed to be at very high dollar (perhaps due to the limited supply that were made?). Would you mind sharing how much you paid?

wildturk also,
Would you mind sharing how much you sold your NIB specimen for?

ab4ka,
I feel your pain of not having one in my small Ruger collection. :cry: :cry:

I recently surrendered and purchased a LNIB P95 (as wildturk stated, I don't have anything against poly either). I just loved the thought of the P95 size to go with my P89, P90, P94 .40, and P94 9mm on metal frames.

Thanks.

t0n3

Bearcat
I paid 350$ NIB. From what I've seen on here that is a lil high but its the only one I have come across around here. I have put about 200 rounds through without any problems. It is a lil bulky but I have no problem using it as my everyday carry. I even carry it when i ride my motorcycle sometimes lol .

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
I finally found a KP93 DC at a price that I could stand. It was LNIB for $299.00. It may have been overpriced (?), but considering what few I have seen were $400 to $460, I jumped on it. I have not gotten to shoot it yet. However, if it is anything like the rest of my Rugers, I know that I will enjoy it and it will eat any ammo it is fed. :D

t0n3,

You can do a search on P93 for the limited threads that are available. I don't recall seeing a negative word said about them.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
ncvikingfan said:
t0n3,
I have been looking for one for several months now after I read on this very forum that they were the same size as the P95 but without the polymer. The extremely few that I have encountered in NC seemed to be at very high dollar (perhaps due to the limited supply that were made?). Would you mind sharing how much you paid?

wildturk also,
Would you mind sharing how much you sold your NIB specimen for?

ab4ka,
I feel your pain of not having one in my small Ruger collection. :cry: :cry:

I recently surrendered and purchased a LNIB P95 (as wildturk stated, I don't have anything against poly either). I just loved the thought of the P95 size to go with my P89, P90, P94 .40, and P94 9mm on metal frames.

Thanks

$325
Here's the 2 I kept..
HPIM0037.jpg

HPIM0041.jpg

HPIM0039.jpg

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Great pictures, wildturk.

I would have given $325 in a heartbeat for the NIB.

Maybe, between a few of us, we can occasionally have a P93 thread.

Thanks.

swobard

Bearcat
I found a very nice P93 on GB not too long ago. I'd purchased a 94, and suddenly realized that a '93 would finish off the 9mm P series line in my safe! It's been with me about a month, but I've not gotten to shoot it yet. Despite it's slightly smaller size, it certainly fits the old P Series tagline of "Bricks with Triggers!" (I say that with respect for their toughness - not as a criticism.)

The only drawback was that it's a "DAO" version. I'd have much preferred a decocker.

black1970

Blackhawk
I have had several KP93's. They shoot like a 22. Finally found one on Gun Broker last winter. Like new with box for 250. Not going to let this one go. Enjoy your 93.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
black1970":3jwh9f0h said:
I have had several KP93's. They shoot like a 22. Finally found one on Gun Broker last winter. Like new with box for 250. Not going to let this one go. Enjoy your 93.

I really hope that I do not have to let my KP93 go. Actually, if I have to start letting guns go :( , there will be others to say goodbye to first.