P91

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have a chance to get a P91 in 40 cal. supposed to be in good condition with slide and trigger work done? He,s asking $450 with box and 4 boxes of ammo.This is the first I,ve heard of a P91 any commets would be listened to (actuality read). I would like to get this to go with my PC4 :D thanks, dusterman

Accept

Single-Sixer
I bought a P91DC in June of 09 and love it, my favorite of four 40's. I asked about the 91 on the forum also and revhigh told me about his horrible experience also but I took the chance and it's definately a keeper. Bought it used of course and just cleaned the hell out of it and the two mags it came with and bought a Hogue for it and the old P series guide rods have some white coating on them so I called Ruger and ordered a new rod which came with a new recoil spring and also bought a new hammer spring seat without the lanyard loop. Took it out five times last summer and it functioned perfectly with Winchester and Remington but didn't like Blazer Brass but what gun does and it shoots pretty tight groups at around 15 yards but I shoot for fun and not really bent on accuracy.

I don't understand what slide and trigger work, they don't need it and $450 sounds high but you get about $80 worth of ammo and you're not going to find another 91 just sitting in a shop so if it's in really good condition and you dig 40 caliber then get it but I would still try to talk him down just to save some money.

Mags are kind of hard to find but I found some here, it's the P94 eleven round mags. They're new and factory mags and I bought three and cleaned them good and they work fine.

The finish is in excellent condition, the lighting sucked.
ruger1.JPG

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Thanks Accept, theres always someone who doesn,t like a gun for whatever reason but theres others that do like them. Like I said before I mainly would like to have this is to go with my PC4. I also have a PC9 and a P94 to match it and really enjoy shooting those, it also saves on loading time when you have 2 guns that take the same MAG.I also like to shoot for fun and having this 40 would round out my collection. I know I,ll be happy with this gun because I haven,t been disapointed by any of my Rugers yet. Thanks for your input,Dusterman

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Well the seller decided to keep the gun :roll: but I did pick up a P94 40 cal off Gun Broker for a little over $350 and the seller lives not to far from me so I,ll be saving some money with a FTF transfer :D. Bad thing is CA. 10 day wait :roll:

wixedmords

Blackhawk
Tell them your are gonna go defend the border for free.

They might loosen up on that 10 day waiting period, considering the Cali budget and everything. :)

Fantastic Forties Fellas !!

Rock on.

Al James

Hunter
Yes it is the swinging link. The P944 was the first model to use the camblock. Every thing P93 and down = swinging link. You will find the 94's with both systems. All of the P94 9mm were swinging link. The P944 40's can be found both ways and are the only p series pistols built both ways. And P95 and up are all camblock. I have not seen a swinging link gun fail yet. The camblock is supposed to lessen the recoil impulse but I suspect that there was an ease of manufacture reason wrapped in there too.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Well I finally got the P94 out of jail and got to the range for some shooting. I also took my P94 9MM and I noticed a differance in weight between the two, the 9 felt lighter than the 40. Well I set the targets at 30' and started with the 9 first, 5" group which is good for me (52 year old eyes with progressive glasses) then tried the 40 and was all over the map :oops:. I realized it was definitely different than the 9 and I,ll have to put in some time with it but no problem just means more fun for me :D . I do wish they came with adjustable sights the 40 shoots a little low but once you know this you compensate for it. I will say for sure I ran 100 rounds through it and she didn,t miss a beat and I managed to get the groupings a little tighter, all in all I,m very happy with my new Ruger and plan on enjoying it for many years to come :D, Dusterman

Al James

Hunter
wixedmords":2stvpkr7 said:
Tell them your are gonna go defend the border for free.

They might loosen up on that 10 day waiting period, considering the Cali budget and everything. :)

Fantastic Forties Fellas !!

Rock on.

+1!!! I dont want to bash the golden state but thier laws are over the top. If they spent the DROS money [$27 per pistol when I lived there]on thier border problem they wouldnt have one. Instead they spend it on thier social programs BECAUSE of thier border problem. A country at war with a fairly open border--brilliant. :shock: