P90DC Slide hard to open

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fxrshog

Bearcat
I need some help with a sticking slide. When the weapon is empty the slide works just fine. When I place a round in the chamber manually the slide may nor not close all the way.

During the process of firing the weapon everything seems to be just fine. No jams. If I fire all the rounds the slide will lock open as it should.

If I have remaining ammo in the gun the slide is extremely hard to pull back with or without the mag in place. I generally need to use all my strength to get it open.

I have field stripped, cleaned, visually inspected an oiled it a number of times to no avail.
Any help will be appreciated. :?:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I see you joined a while back,, but just now posting a question. I have to ask if that's "Mills River NC?" If so,, you are just up the road from me.
Now, to your question.
I haven't heard of something like this,, but it almost sounds like the extractor is dragging.
If you are "up the road" to me,, I'd gladly offer to look at it for you.

fxrshog

Bearcat
contender":1nwguta7 said:
Welcome to the Forum!
I see you joined a while back,, but just now posting a question. I have to ask if that's "Mills River NC?" If so,, you are just up the road from me.
Now, to your question.
I haven't heard of something like this,, but it almost sounds like the extractor is dragging.

Private message sent

P90

Single-Sixer
contender":20k51n4e said:
Welcome to the Forum!
Now, to your question.
The extractor would be the first thing I would look at.