P90 or P345 which do you prefer?

• P90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P345

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leejack

Single-Sixer
Just curious; if you could only pick one, which would it be and why?

I've got the itch for another Ruger.

Happy shooting to all!

Lee

leejack

Single-Sixer
Nothing specific. Probably range fun and/or HD. However, my needs have changed.

My daughters now shoot with me. Years ago I had a P90 and loved it, but it was just me that used it. As I recall, it was quite large.

I was thinking that the P345 might be more managable for them. I have never handled or fired one, so I'm not sure. Is the P345 more suitable for a young woman's hand? Is it as accurate or even close to the P90? etc...

I don't want to give up the tank type Ruger reliablility that I enjoyed with the P90; but I must consider my girls now, when I make a purchase.

Thanks,

Lee

stevefishes

Bearcat
Hey Leejack, I only picked up my p345 last week so I'm still in lust with it. I'm 6'5" and have big hands, the p345 suits my grip. Maybe it's just that I don't know any better but I happen to like it. How old are your daughters? If they're not in their teens or experienced shooters I would think the .45 cal would be a lot for them to handle. Back in the dark ages when I was in service I shot 45s on the ship's pistol team, the P345 is as accurate as the guns we used then. That said, I like mine real well.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I don't own a 90, but I do have a 345. To me, the 345's weight and size belies it's portability. For a fairly large, 30 oz. gun, it feels much lighter and smaller than it really is. I have no problem carrying it all day long, and yet it is large and heavy enough to soak up 45 ACP recoil.

Best you can do is fondle both and see which one feels best to you.

pb

leejack

Single-Sixer
The kids are fully grown.

My oldest learned on my 357 Blackhawk and my youngest on a 9mm.

I'd like as much feedback on the P345 as possible. I am very familiar with the venerable P90.

Thanks for the responses and votes; keep em coming! :D

Lee

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
ok close your eyes and grab hold of the SR9, that's what the p345 feels like, recoil is easy to handle and the trigger is da/sa and works just fine. i carry mine daily.

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
The P-90 is your typical big ugly Ruger semiauto centerfire. BUT, it remains in my experience the most accurate, out of the box .45 that I've ever owned. Box stock, while using my own handloads, I shot the black out of a Bullseye Target and I did so with little effort, on the very first range outting! By comparison the P-345 is the superior "Carry Piece" by virtue of it's slimmer profile, better trigger, and the best sights Ruger has ever produced. Both are good guns but for different reasons.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
IMHO the P345 the best .45 semi-auto that Ruger has made to date (let the flames begin :lol:). While the P90 is a fine pistol with a slightly better trigger than the P345, I like the ergonomics on the P345 much better. In addition, with the P345 being shorter, narrower and 5 oz lighter than the P90, it's a much easier carry an I would suspect easier for your daughters to handle and shoot (while I do carry mine from time to time, home defense is its primary purpose for me). In a side by side comparison, I found them to be virtually identical in terms of accuracy at 20 - 30' (since neither is designed to be a target pistol, I don't know and don't care what the group size for either is at 25 yards off of a bag or Ransom rest :p)

P90

Single-Sixer
I have both, and Carry the P90. The magazine release has malfunctioned on the P345. I won't trust a gun that will occasionally malfunction. There might be some of the P345's that won't malfunction, but mine is not one of them.

Al James

Hunter
Don't forget the P97! It has many of the qualities of both the P90 and the P345. Just my .02 :!:

5Wire

Single-Sixer
I selected P-90 because that's what I have, the decocker version. I've never even held a P-345 or P-97 so my opinion is worthless in the poll. On the other hand, the P-90 has never failed in any way regardless of ammo or bullet type.

leejack

Single-Sixer
It looks like the poll is pretty close. Cast your vote if you haven't already.

Any more opinions?

Thanks,

Lee

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
P90":p7p7tp5u said:
I have both, and Carry the P90. The magazine release has malfunctioned on the P345. I won't trust a gun that will occasionally malfunction. There might be some of the P345's that won't malfunction, but mine is not one of them.

I have seen the pictures of your P90 Calvin! I couldn't leave my house if I had a weapon as nice looking as that one. I would never be able to keep it concealed and the grin on my face would give me away every time . Beautiful gun :lol: :lol:

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
I have owned two P90's and currently own a P345.

The P345 is, to me, the superior pistol.

It eats any ammo you stuff into it; it's more accurate than I can shoot; it's smaller, thinner, & lighter than the P90; and it has better ergonomics than the P90.

People complain about the loaded chamber indicator and magazine disconnect, but I can't see what practical drawback either one of them would pose.

leejack

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the comments!

I'm going to see if I can get both guns in my daughters hand. I have a feeling that the P345 might be easier to hang on too after reading these posts. I sure do appreciate you guys! :D

I agree with kd4rgwml. Calvin's P90 has to be the most gorgeous P90 on the planet! I wouldn't get it dirty! :D

Lee

welder

Buckeye
P90":kmgxcmh7 said:

P90, I have a P345 too. Would you tell what happened to the mag release? Stick, break, fallout? I want to know what to watch for. Thanks.