P89dc/P95DC Compairison

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TOADSTRANGLER

Bearcat
Hello, new member here. I owned a p89dc years ago but sold it due to finance issues.
It was a great pistol, over 5000 rounds with no problems at all.

I later purchased a Glock 26 for concealed carry, I have owned it for 11 years and have
been very pleased with it.

I would like to purchase another p89dc for a house/range pistol but they are rare and over priced around here. I was at at gun show recently and there was one p89 with a fair amount of finish wear for $375. One guy had very rough looking p85 and wanted $400 !

I checked out some p95's at the same show that were new for $329.
The p95 felt good in my hand.

How does it compare to the p89 in performance? Better, worse, same?

Thanks,
Gregg.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
The p95 is definitely a good gun, just as reliable and accurate as the p89 in my opinion. I own a P95, my brother has a P89, both are manual safety not decocker, but I dont think that really makes a difference.

Get the P95, you wont regret it. The only real difference between the two is you cannot change the grips on the P95 and the p89 doesnt have a rail under the barrel... Ill trade removable grips for a rail any day...

NC-P95

Bearcat
TOADSTRANGLER":2d7c03x3 said:
Thanks for the info, I'm pretty sure I'll get a p95.

If you get the P95, try one of the Hogue Handall slip on grips... I picked one up this past weekend and put it on my P95... Love it!

Also, today, I put round #200 through my P95... so far, no problems... and it seems the more I shoot it, the better it shoots! I'm lovin' it!

http://www.getgrip.com/main/overview/handall.html

Latest posts