P89 turned up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRanger

Blackhawk
I'd told myself the next time a good condition P89 showed up at a fair price, I'd get it. Well, one did. Glad to have one in the stable.

Attachments

• AF684256-8E67-4A87-80A5-85009A32E760.jpeg
    AF684256-8E67-4A87-80A5-85009A32E760.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 124

A.J.

Single-Sixer
Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy.

I have a blued P89. It's my "car gun". It's not a terribly expensive gun so don't worry too much about it.

Last edited:

TRanger

Blackhawk
I actually picked it up thinking it would make a good car or truck gun. It's proven to be such a good and reliable shooter, I'm thinking of taking it to the next combat pistol course just to give the youngsters' heads a turn.

I like 'P' guns. The one on my belt right now is a gnarly looking P95DC. I blew the lint out of it just last week so it's good for another 3-4 months. Beside my computer table is a far nicer looking KP95DC tucked out of sight under the printer table along with a high output light(for those times when I'm sitting here at the computer in my skivvies).

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I don't have an 89 but I do have a P95DC. First centerfire semi-auto pistol I ever bought. Blued/Parked? (black) just like I like, in perfect condition with a few extra 15-rounders in the package for one day when those are obsolete.

Worked up a loaded long but hot defense load for it a few years ago and haven't fired since. That needs to change. Just opened a window to shop for a holster...

What would a Ruger P-90 DC in stainless steel go for these days in excellent shape?

Completed auctions (with bids) for P90DCs on GunBroker are mostly in the $350 to $450 range, with some higher and some lower. Guessing a stainless version in excellent condition might run towards the high side, especially if it has extra mags, box, etc. Keep in mind that buyers on GunBroker also have to pay sales tax, shipping, and transfer fees.

There is a thread here on the forum about how Ruger single actions are going up in price, and the same thing is apparently happening with P-series pistols. Below is a link to an auction for a very nice stainless P91DC with box, papers, etc., that grabbed my attention, with 3 bidders over $550:

P91s are a lot less common than P90s, but I didn't notice anything particularly unique about the gun. With tax on $581, plus shipping and transfer fee, the buyer was probably paying over $650 total. Prices are definitely rising!

Last edited:

krw

Blackhawk
I bought a P89 in 1989. Sorry but the P series aint much of a pistol. Woodnt trade a Glock 19 for 100 P89's. Especially if my life were on the line

Preach it, brother, preach it! Everybody knows Glocks are God's gift to gun owners (which is why "Glock" starts with a "G", 'cause they come from God)! All those poor suckers who own P-series guns ought to put 'em up for sale right now, before it takes 200 or 300 of 'em to buy a decent handgun! Heck, if they wait too long, they might have to pay somebody to take it! I tell you what, at a hundred P-pistols to a Glock, they're only worth maybe $5 each, but if anybody wants to get rid of their pitiful P90 or P93, I'll offer 10 times current value - $50 each! Just PM me, or list it in the Classifieds Section, and I'll help you get some real cash money so you can buy some "PERFECTION", straight from God!
:cool: