P345 vs. P95 for carry?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Hello all:

I have a P345 and I love the gun. I carry it quite comfortably in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I would like to buy a P95, but I'm wondering if it is any more difficult to carry than the P345?

Anyone have both?

welder

Buckeye
I don't think so Buckshotshorty. I have a P345 and on a rare occasion I carry it. The p95 was easy to carry too. I didn't carry it much, but when I did it was easy. Maybe someone can post some pics side by side, sorry I can't right now. FWIW I carried them both in a Yaqui slide.

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
If ever there was a "No Brainer" of a question it must be this one. The P-345 is the superior carry piece without any question. Even a blind man could tell the obvious difference. Why on Earth would anyone want to carry a P-95 if they own a P-345? :roll:

OnTarget

Bearcat
I would carry the P95 over the P345 simply because I know that whatever ammo I put in it, whatever weather I am in no matter what, that son of a buck is going to go bang! From what I have read on here I am not sure you could say the same thing about the P345. Now with that said I would love to have one someday I think it is a cool gun, just hate to see a good guality gun get bashed because of the "you have to carry a .45 or else you will not survive" attitude. I trust my 9mm placement!

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Anthony Williams":1ybwqqkw said:
If ever there was a "No Brainer" of a question it must be this one. The P-345 is the superior carry piece without any question. Even a blind man could tell the obvious difference. Why on Earth would anyone want to carry a P-95 if they own a P-345? :roll:

Anthony, Anthony, Anthony.......undoubtedly you are a great fan of the 45ACP, and I am too. But, there are extenuating circumstances that change things in life. As for it being a "No Brainer" I don't necessarily agree with that, and I hope there are no blind men in my area carrying guns!

I have a legitimate reason for asking this question. I asked the question not to get any one's opinion on caliber, but rather on the actual SIZE of the gun for carry purpose. The plain and the simple here is that because of I have pretty bad arthritis in my hands, the 9mm is easier on my hands for practice so I shoot it more often, and that's why the interest in the P95.

pb

427mach1

Blackhawk
the 9mm is easier on my hands for practice so I shoot it more often,

Then that is the gun you should carry - the one you shoot the most and are the most comfortable with.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Anthony Williams":1ejtln3v said:
Anthony ... don't hold back on telling us what you really think on this one :lol:

buckshotshorty":1ejtln3v said:
I would like to buy a P95, but I'm wondering if it is any more difficult to carry than the P345? Anyone have both?
Shorty ... In answer to your initial question. As one who has carried both in the past (the P95 was my first carry gun and I still carry the P345 from time to time), my thoughts are as follows:

1. While I had no problem carrying the P95 (Crossbreed supertuck IWB and Hume JIT Slide OWB), I feel that even though the P345 is 2 oz heavier and 1/4" longer, it still is a little easier (and more comfortable) to carry due to its slimmer grip (single stack vs double stack).
2. I also prefered .45acp over the 9mm

With that said, I personally have no problem trusting the P95 with my life if I choose to put her on my hip instead of my Springfield 1911 micro-compact (my current daily carry). Good luck with your decision!

CBennett

Single-Sixer
ive shot both but dont own either...why? because I dont think EITHER are actually a good CC gun...honestly the only good cc semi auto Ruger has right now(9mm or above) it the SR9c...other than that they have great Pistols but nothing id but for CC....

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
If arthritis is the problem I would not go with the P95 unless you truly love the P-series pistols. I have a KP95 and love it but that double action pull is long and stiff. I would think something more like the SR9, or something similar, would be better for the hands.

Not as stiff on the first pull and the SR9 is the same with every shot. Don't own an SR9 but this is from what I've read.

OmegaMan

Bearcat
Sorry, neither. I've had the KP345 and while I think it's one of the best .45's on the market today, when you're talking concealability the Rugers are all bricks. (minus the LCP).

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I've been seriously considering either the new Taurus M709 Slim (9mm), or the Taurus TCP (.380) for ultimate concealability. If your gun is too large to throw in your pocket, then how often are you really going to have it on you? When I really sat down and thought about this I figured I only carried about 10% of the time because of size/weight issues. With the LCP, TCP, or slim/small pistols you can carry pretty much 100% of the time. Just my 2 cents.

- OmegaMan

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
buckshotshorty":tvm1ww6z said:
Hello all:

I have a P345 and I love the gun. I carry it quite comfortably in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I would like to buy a P95, but I'm wondering if it is any more difficult to carry than the P345?

Anyone have both?

I don't have a p95 but i do have the sr9 and the "c" and a p345 I think if you want a 95 then get one, my arthritis hurts but a new gun would make it hurt a lot less :roll: :roll: :lol:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
"CBennett"]ive shot both but dont own either...why? because I dont think EITHER are actually a good CC gun...honestly the only good cc semi auto Ruger has right now(9mm or above) it the SR9c...other than that they have great Pistols but nothing id but for CC..

Some people prefer, understandably, the smallest guns they can carry. I prefer the largest gun I can carry. Why? Because that's what I shoot best, and that's what feels best in my hand. I have a Kahr CW9 and a SR9c, both are very nice and slim. The Kahr bites my trigger finger so I don't enjoy shooting it. The SR9c is a fine gun and I do carry it often. I just like having choices.

pb

Ian G.

Bearcat
OmegaMan":14glqx7d said:
Sorry, neither. I've had the KP345 and while I think it's one of the best .45's on the market today, when you're talking concealability the Rugers are all bricks. (minus the LCP).

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I've been seriously considering either the new Taurus M709 Slim (9mm), or the Taurus TCP (.380) for ultimate concealability. If your gun is too large to throw in your pocket, then how often are you really going to have it on you? When I really sat down and thought about this I figured I only carried about 10% of the time because of size/weight issues. With the LCP, TCP, or slim/small pistols you can carry pretty much 100% of the time. Just my 2 cents.

- OmegaMan

my buddy just bought a m709 and that thing is thin enough to pocket carry. its sweet that it is still a 9mm. it is kinda like the glock in terms of field stripping, but you have to pull the trigger to move the action forward....kinda weird. seems solid for a subcompact, i cant wait to shoot it