P345 Rear Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
railroader":3g5oktqb said:

Well well well. The reason I asked is My 345 is shooting low, two other people tried it and they were getting the same results. Ruger's Tech support said they didn't make different height rear sights. He told me to file the front sight down.I am not going to file the front sight down on a new P345 :evil: ...............................

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Chief_10Beers":bfhekwj0 said:
railroader":bfhekwj0 said:

Well well well. The reason I asked is My 345 is shooting low, two other people tried it and they were getting the same results. Ruger's Tech support said they didn't make different height rear sights. He told me to file the front sight down.I am not going to file the front sight down on a new P345 :evil: ...............................

Hey Chief, I looked around alot for this and I don't own a P345 but none of the options are easy, I found no adjustable or varied height sight sets.
You could contact Ruger again and see if they could lower the front sight the right way as I imagine you probaly use the white dots and taking a file to the top of the sight isn't going to lower the dot at all.
You could take it to a gunsmith and see if it could be removed and the bottom of it ground down and still fit the slot properly or see if the slot can be recut deeper. You'll need to know how far you want to raise the POA and at what distance, he should be able to calculate the amount needed.

railroader

Single-Sixer
Well I had my friends p345 that seemed to shoot a little low so I called ruger and they sent me a new rear sight. It was the same as the sight on the gun so maybe I'm wrong then. I know for sure on the P90 and P97 they have different height rears because I have 2 different size rears. If you decide to file the front sight here is a trick so it comes out square. I use a piece of glass at least a foot by a foot and I tape a piece heavy grit emery paper maybe 3" by 4". Now you turn the gun over and rest the front sight on the emery paper and the rear sight is on the bare glass. Now you push gun like you are planing wood keeping the front sight on the emery paper and the rear sight on the glass. This will allow you to lower the front sight cleanly so it looks square. You then cold blue. Now I don't know how much you have to work with before you get into the dot. Mark