P345 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
My local store has the KP345PR on sale this week and I'm thinking about getting one, but had a couple of questions first. Has anyone had a problem with the internal lock on theirs? I worry that it might lock up on it's own like the S&W revolvers are known to. Is the lock removeable? Is the mag disconnect removeable? Did Ruger fix the problems it was having with it? Any other problems I need to be aware of with the P345? Thanks.

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
Glad to hear you like yours poncaguy. How did you remove the mag disconnect?

Does anyone make night sights for the P345? I checked Brownells, as well as Trijicon and Meprolight and can't find any listed.

gander

Bearcat
Hi Greg, No problems with my lock. I did try it when I got it and it worked. Probably never lock it again. Do a search on the mag disconnect on here. It's not hard to remove.

tdyoung58

Bearcat
Never use the lock... Still have the Mag disconnect in mine without a problem.... if it ever breaks, which I don't believe it will. I will fix it rather than leave it out.

I don't choose to give any lawyer the opportunity to use that against me if I ever need to defend myself.

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
I don't recall ever hearing about a problem with the P345 lock. I've never had a problem with mine--although I don't use the lock.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
Call Ruger, they stock the Trijicon night sights, that's where my brothers bought me my set for christmas. They're great, and they said the price was good.

I've never had any problems with my P345, period. The biggest problem I had was that I had to start reloading in order to afford to shoot it as much as I want to :)

glockmutt

Single-Sixer
Got mine on Ebay. Meprolight shipped all the way from Israel. 8) 8)
0162_1.jpg

rony

Bearcat
Recently my son-in-law used the key lock on the thumb safety. It jammed in the safe position and at the range he was unable to get the safety to the fire position. I'm not sure if the problem was corrected but it made his P345 useless.

9x19

Hunter
Greg F.":8a1u1msw said:
Glad to hear you like yours poncaguy. How did you remove the mag disconnect?

Does anyone make night sights for the P345? I checked Brownells, as well as Trijicon and Meprolight and can't find any listed.

Meprolight's part number is ML-10995

Latest posts