P345 mags vs SR 1911 45 ACP mags interchangeability?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
Factory SR1911 magazines have welded baseplates, but obviously there are 1911 magazines available with plastic removable baseplates are available. All P345/P90 magazines I have seen have the plastic baseplate.

KIR

Sparks, NV
I have marked my magazines with either a black or silver Sharpie. The caliber and a number (of mags). The markings rub may rub off, but I just touch 'em up. Works for me.
Good to see someone else here has a P345. When I went to buy a .45, a 1911 was too large/heavy for me. I used to carry one in the service. In my old age, the P345 was near perfect. smaller, narrower, lighter. Even my wife enjoyed shooting a mag worth of ammo through it. First and only time though as she passed shortly thereafter, but she got downright giddy after shooting that P345. A great memory for me.

Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
Yes, not sure I'll carry the full size 1911 but I did get a holster to consider carrying the P345! Have not yet done so but it is a great firearm. It feels good to grip and has pretty low recoil. Plus, I like that you can load it and decock it and have double action at the ready. My wife likes it and shoot bullseyes with it all day long. She's younger with better eyes than me!

KIR

Sparks, NV
My holster for my KP345PR

Attachments

• Fobus Holster Back.jpg
    Fobus Holster Back.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 39
  • Fobus Holster Front.jpg
    Fobus Holster Front.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Fobus Holster w KP345PR.jpg
    Fobus Holster w KP345PR.jpg