P345 holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GaryT

Bearcat
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has more than one P345, specifically one with a rail and one without. I'm asking because I'm trying to locate a holster for my non-railed P345 and most of the ones I find indicate that they're for the railed model. I need to know if I'll have any problems with my non-railed gun in a holster made for one with the rail.

I have a source for a custom-made holster and she uses the plastic blue or red guns for molds; there isn't a mold for a P345, but I've found what may be an alternative in a P345 airsoft pistol, assuming it's dimensionally the same as a Ruger. The problem there is all the airsoft guns have the molded in rail. So, will a non-railed gun work in a railed-gun holster?

Thanks for any replies.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I would imagine it would depend on what kind of holster you're looking for. I had the opposite problem, I've got a P95R (with rail) and all of the P95 holsters I could find would not accomodate the rail. I got one from RGrizzle leather for my gun and it's awesome. I'd check with RGrizzle Leather or Simply Rugged and see if they have something you like. I know Ryan at R Grizzle is a board member and makes great stuff (I have two of his holsters), and the Simply Rugged line comes highly recommended by board members (I don't have one yet but plan to).

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I believe K&D has closed up shop. They were right down the road from me and he posted on a local board selling some guns and saying he was closing.