P345 FTF problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

whtdrgn101

Bearcat
All,

I'm having as FTF trouble with a P345. I generally FTF's on the last round in the magazine but that is not always the case. I can FTF when I release the slide to put a round in the chamber.

Any ideas?

whtdrgn101

Bearcat
Bishop1198":3gjcn9wi said:
Same problems here. I found after shooting it alot that the problem got better. On the last 3 mags I didnt have the problem.

I shot about 150 rounds through it and it jammed at least once on every magazine. I was shooting remington UMC ammo (cheap ball stuff but I'm told this P345 can shoot everything)

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
I don't know about .45, but I know that the Remington UMC 9mm ammo is just a tad shorter than other brands and I had a problem with it feeding in one of my guns. In my P95 it works fine but I had others where it wouldn't feed at all. I wonder if the .45 is the same way (although it works fine in my 1911)?

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
whtdrgn101":27c80nq7 said:
Bountyhunter":27c80nq7 said:
Is it Failing To Fire, or Failing To Feed?

It is failing to feed. The gun is used but does not look to worn.

Is it happening with all magazines or certain ones. My first guess would be it's a magazine problem. If it's just happening randomly then maybe it just needs to be shot some to polish up the feed ramp. I'd try to put around 300 rounds thru it and see if it clears up. Just make sure you pay attention to which magazines work and which ones don't. Mark them.

whtdrgn101

Bearcat
Bountyhunter":rimnq9nc said:
whtdrgn101":rimnq9nc said:
Bountyhunter":rimnq9nc said:
Is it Failing To Fire, or Failing To Feed?

It is failing to feed. The gun is used but does not look to worn.

Is it happening with all magazines or certain ones. My first guess would be it's a magazine problem. If it's just happening randomly then maybe it just needs to be shot some to polish up the feed ramp. I'd try to put around 300 rounds thru it and see if it clears up. Just make sure you pay attention to which magazines work and which ones don't. Mark them.

The magazine was the first thing I tried. I went to the local gunshop where I purchased it and they let me swap magazines and it still does it. Both mags and I tried the 8 and 7 round magazines.

I'll give the feed-ramp a good once-over and see if that does it.

THANKS!

buyguns

Bearcat
I have have a recently made P345. I have 600 rds with mine and no cleaning. I have used Ruger mags exclusively. My only complaint is the sloppy single action trigger. Ive used 230 gr FMJ.