P345 Ejection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My P345 ejects the shells so they hit me on the head or between the eyes. Is there any way to adjust the ejector, possibly the angle to change the ejection trajectory?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

tdyoung58

Bearcat
bummer, mine fly to the right. not sure why they'd go up and back since the ejector is on the side. I'd give Ruger a call and ask their support people about it. Or if you have a local gunsmith that might check it out

Doble Troble

Bearcat
What are your loads? Maybe they're too light? Or are they really pegging you on the forehead?

I've got a Commander sized 1911 that I've tried two ejectors on. I had to put on the second because I ground the first down to a nub trying different angles, tip height, etc. I tried different springs and loads (heavy springs and light loads were better just because the cases didn't leave marks on my forehead). The damn gun is sadistic and just going to hit me with cases. It's not so bad once you give in and get used to the feedback. Maybe its a feature - its easier to count the rounds as you shoot - which is important in a defensive gun. As long as mine cycles I'll keep shooting it - and carrying it.