P-95 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44-357

Single-Sixer
is $300 for a like new p-95 a good price? I have never had a ruger auto other than 22lr. anything I need to know about the P-95 before I buy it?

NC-P95

Bearcat
Is is the stainless model?

I gave $338, new for my stainless/two tone, out the door... I'm sure that you get get a blue/black P95, new for high $200's...

For a used one, sounds a bit steep...

Anything you should know.....? Hummmm.. The P95 is probabaly the best automatic pistol that Ruger has in their lineup... It'll feed any ammo that you feed it... Couldn't be happier with mine...

JMHO

44-357

Single-Sixer
it is blued and the decocker one. the guy paid $400 for it last year. all autos in my area start around $400-500

markmmg

Bearcat
I saw a new one here recently for $290. It had the stainless slide and the black frame.

96/44

Blackhawk
$300 is a little on the high side, as new P-95's can be had for that price. On the other hand, the decock models are no longer in production, so if that is what you want, it's not a bad buy. Great pistols, accurate, dependable, and easy to maintain.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
300 is around normal price every where I see them blued. 325 for the stainless models.

I paid 300 for my P95DCPR over a year ago.

tk

If I had the money, yes, especially since it is a decocker... at this point in time I would not buy one with the safety for any price. Just not my cup of tea.

At a dealer down here in G-ville you'd probably be looking at around $400 for a used one... price is relative to need and location.

I have one of these originally blue and then later purchased a stainless steel slide and barrel for it for around $85.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Anyone that won't give 300 for a DC model isn't interested in Ruger at all. IMHO.

tk

NC-P95

Bearcat
tkarter":3trkhh9r said:
Anyone that won't give 300 for a DC model isn't interested in Ruger at all. IMHO.

tk

Oh yeah, if it was a P95DCPR, I'd snatch it up for $300... My P89 was DC and I loved it... When I ordered my P95 from my FFL, I was under the impression that it was a DC model, BUT, it wasn't...but I took it anyways...

Al James

Hunter
Buy it! Offer him a little less but if he doesnt accept still buy it. Figure it this way-they sell on Gun Broker all the time for around the $250 area +/- So if you pay $25 for shipping and another $25-35 for the transfer at an FFL youre at 300 anyways. And you can inspect the gun prior to purchase which is worth a few bucks imo. Buy it and you wont be sorry. The P95 is a great pistol for the money. Probably the best gun you can get for 300 bucks!

tkarter

Single-Sixer
The P95 is the most under rated polymer pistol of all time when it comes to value and tough. The DC models are worth 500 dollars any day of the week.
imho

tk

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I think you really need to decide whether or not you absolutely want the DC only model. I've been looking on the net, and DC only models go around $400 on up, used. Ruger stopped production of the P95DC around 2007, and they are desirable.

If you decide on getting the newer safety/decock model, they can be had for $300 brand new in places like Bud's, and many others.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
I have the manual safety model for home defence. I wish I had gotten the decocker now.... one less thing to worry about, since the safety is never on anyway...

44-357

Single-Sixer
monday he will let me know if he will sell it.he has one last guy that may trade him a glock for it. and if no trade i will buy it. he got it new last year.

44-357

Single-Sixer
I got the p95 today its has a stainless slide,2 15rd mags, and has box and docs.its in new condition I will shoot it tomorrow.