P-345 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I'm thinking of buying a P-345 soon. I was wondering if this gun will feed lead semi-wadcutters without any problems ? Any one try them?

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
Don't know about lead SWC's, but I've fired handloads with 230gr LRN bullets without any problems whatsoever. They feed just as well as ball ammo in my P345.

timothius

Bearcat
I have been shooting lead semi wad cutters for about a year. They sure are accurate and feed well. It may take some time to get your OAL right. But other than that they load and cycle well.

Tim

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping I could use up some of my cast Semi s
since I have quite a few.

Does the gun carry easily?

timothius

Bearcat
The gun, like most .45's is heavy and bulky. I am a big man 6 ft 1 in at 230 lbs. I can conceal the 345 but after about 4 or 5 hours it gets heavy and it pull my britches down. I think that this is a problem with most .45's. I carry it IWB with a holster from Bladetech. I am very happy with the holster. I gotta tell ya. lead SWC's is the sweetest thing that I ever ran thru this gun. They are 200 grain bulets and load them with 5.4 grians of win 231. I shoot these at our local IDPA matches. For selfl defense I am using some Hungarian hollow points that are accurate. Work it out. I am sure you will find a good load.

Tim

slippingaway

Blackhawk
buckshotshorty":30k6ccp5 said:
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping I could use up some of my cast Semi s
since I have quite a few.

Does the gun carry easily?

I'm 5'10", 190lbs and I can carry the P345 all day long (and frequently do). You just have to have the right holster. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck, it's the only holster I've found that is comfortable all day long, even when driving my pickup. It will conceal very well, even under a tucked-in golf shirt.