Oversized grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
Are there any makers out there who sell oversized grips that are intended to be fit and finished by the buyer?

Things like ebony and rosewood would be very easy to fit, sand, and finish for the end user and typically aren't dependent on exceptional grain to be attractive.

To this end, it'd be nice if there was a service where we could send in our grip frames to be decked without the wait of one of the better gunsmiths and with the discount afforded when a shop specializes in something.

contender

Ruger Guru
I know that "sixshot" sells partially done grips to be finished out by the new owner. But,, only in wood as far as I know.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I do/can, drop me a PM with your wants and needs. I have a duplicating machine and lots of woods. Time to do it immediately is another thing but I do have a couple sets already to go. I work mainly in Walnut and Maple. Tropical hardwoods are very bad for your health if the dust is breathed in. I have gotten very sick working with it and do NOT like to have to wear a respirator all the time.