Outrageous @ Cabelas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Speechless...

Ruger Single Six Birdshead Brass & Ivory Grip .22 LR

Cal./Gauge: .22 LR & .22 Magnum (Two Cylinders)
Barrel(s): 5 1/2" barrel.
Weight: 2 1/2 Lbs.
Sights/Scope: Serrated ramp, blade front sight & notched adjustable rear.
Stock: Faux Ivory birdshead grips
Metal Condition: Very good
Bore Condition: Very good
Extras: Has birdshead lower frame, includes Ruger box, manual, both cylinders and leather hip holster.

1495185_rug22_boi01m.jpg

Price: $699.00

chet15

Hawkeye
Not surprising though. They must price things like that this way because they are getting somebody to pay it.
Chet15

for a 'retail ' outlet, to "sell" ( advertise) and add up all the 'features' of a pseudo -custom gun, that price to me at least is not out of line........add it up...and thats what they are "asking"...lets check later and see what it actually sells for.............

BlkHawk73, Been to Cabelas in Scarborough, I assume that is where you were, anyways there gun prices over there are crazy. I can't remember any specifics but just looking through the display cases shaking my head. Pretty store someone gotta pay for it.Won't be me. lol ps

Dale53

Blackhawk
That is a cute little revolver with many "custom" touches. Try pricing out a grip frame and faux ivory grips and someone to do the work and you might find it a more reasonable price.

I won't be buying it (have several .32's already) but I don't believe it is completely out of the question regarding price, either.

Dale53

revhigh

Hawkeye
What many people don't know about Cabelas is that you can NEGOTIATE the prices, both for used, AND new guns. I've done it many times myself. I bought a 454 Casull SRH there that they had marked at $749. I mentioned that the price was very high, and that I could get it for $599 elsewhere (which was true), the salesman said wait a sec, and went into the back. He came back and said OK, they'd do it at $599. I then whipped out my $150 off $500 coupon, which was absolutely no problem for them, and bought the brand new SRH 454 for $450.

I'm telling you guys, if you live near a Cabelas and sign up for one of their charge cards, you get these offers all the time in the mail. Normally their prices are high, but when you use these coupons strategically, Cabelas is great.

REV

CraigC

Hawkeye
Dale53":3fmoiic9 said:
That is a cute little revolver with many "custom" touches. Try pricing out a grip frame and faux ivory grips and someone to do the work and you might find it a more reasonable price.
I don't know, all I see is a $300 used Single Six with a $160 QPR grip frame that comes with the grips.

Revhigh, that's the second time in a week somebody mentioned the perks of a Cabela's credit card. I just might have to get one!

claydoctor

Bearcat
I wonder who does the pricing for Cabelas. I look on their Gun Library frequently that lists guns from their stores all over the country. Often there will be similar used guns from two different stores and the prices will be hundreds of dollars apart.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
While at the local store today I waited while two people brought in guns to sell/trade. They gave $175 for a Ruger MKII plain jane 4" stainless model, $415 or so for a Glock and $425 for a HK USP with 4 mags. Gonna go back and see what they have them tagged at.

As another example of their crazy prices... They had a 10/22 DLX, nothing special about it at all and USED tagged at $600! :shock:

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
Isn't that a Bowen rear sight and a crescent ejector head?

I wonder if the internals have been slicked up too.

It's a really nice gun. Worth $500 for sure, $600 isn't out of line if the conversion mods were done right.

revhigh

Hawkeye
CraigC":2drql8uq said:
Revhigh, that's the second time in a week somebody mentioned the perks of a Cabela's credit card. I just might have to get one!

Yup Craig, supposedly they send the coupons out at random, but I don't believe that. Also, keep in mind that if you DON'T get one, but know they exist, and WANT one, you can usually call a store, and they'll mail one out to you. I've done that several times.

REV

Aggie01

Blackhawk
I love Cabelas. They hire fanatastic folks. I scope the used guns and the aragain cave three times a week.

I bought a 10/22 with a simmons 3-9/32 scope on it for $107 out the door.

picked up a single six for $216 out the door.

rev, you got it right. I'll give up a lil secret here. I went in and saw a Tanfoglio .41 AE priced at 399. Got it reduced to 300 (doesnt hurt that i spoke Lipseys 41 special lingo with the guys in the gun library). Then I dropped a $70 off a $300 purchase coupon on it.

Hell with those coupons I buy a gun there a month whether I want to or not. My uncle wanted a DA .22. He activated a spend X, get X off your nect purchase coupon for me. Betwen that and reward points, i walked out with a MEC sizemaster for $100 out of pocket.

Hypothetically, I might have once purchased a product from Cabelas and been unsatisfied with it. I might have returned it for a full refund, then spotted the item I had returned in the bargain cave for $.50 cents on the $1.00 and bought it back.

Aggie01":2b7p4wx1 said:
Hypothetically, I might have once purchased a product from Cabelas and been unsatisfied with it. I might have returned it for a full refund, then spotted the item I had returned in the bargain cave for $.50 cents on the $1.00 and bought it back.

Hypothetically, I might have once considered doing the same thing. I might have also decided it was extremely poor ethics. Not cool, IMHO. :evil:

I've gotten some great deals at the Bargain Cave, and I've passed on worn out boots that they were selling for nearly full retail.

I've had them work with me on a firearm price, and on other occasions I've had them refuse.

I pick and choose what I buy at Cabela's, but I've never seen any reason to try to swindle them. :roll:

Abusing a retailer's liberal return policy only ends up hurting the rest of us with higher prices. Very possibly, abuse will also cause them to tighten their return policy.

Off soapbox, end of rant...

jengel

Bearcat
I would bet that the majority of the Visa cards that we have people pay with here at the shop are Cabelas Cards. It's amazing how many people use them.

Steve Myers

Single-Sixer
Same type thing at the Gander near me. They had a used Lipsey 44 Spc 5 1/2" in the case. Had $527 on it - before taxes!

Went to my local gun shop (they do huge gun sales volume) and purchased a brand new Lipsey out the door for $520!!! Saved me nearly $100 on a new gun over a USED one!?!

Just crazy...

wwb

Hunter
No different than the guy at the gun show with a beat-up old 10/22 with a $10 scope on it and a price tag of $250 when new ones are selling for $200.

There might just be somebody dumb enough to buy it.

reakin

Single-Sixer
I was at Cabela's in Wheeling WV the other day and was cruising through the gun library, just to enjoy looking at some guns I could never afford. I pass one case and look down and there is a Lorcin pistol tagged at something around $175 (don't remember exactly). Just kind of turned me off. I like to think of the gun library there as a showcase of pristine, high value firearms, and then they go and fill the empty spots in cases with junk. That gun should have been in the regular used gun case out front.

reakin