Out for a drive.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
It promised to be a beautiful day in the Memphis area today. It was just a little cold, about 33 degrees early and sort of overcast with a possibility of snow south of us. So Nita and I, accompanied by my two sisters, drove up to the community of Arlington, TN for lunch at Vinegar Jim's. We had been there last summer or so, so knew it was good, and sort of an out-of-the way place. Nice lunch, I had the seasoned pork loin with rice and brown gravy and steamed cabbage. Topped off was a first for me, a fried pie turnover, a pecan pie, topped off with a gernerous scoop of vanilla ice cream. Now I've had fried pies before, usually apple or peach, but they feature chocolate and pecan also.

After lunch I drove up US Hwy 70 toward Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge. Found a road I had never been on before, then came to one I had not been on in over twenty years. Had a white tail doe run along beside us for awhile, then dart across the road and into some woods. The women got a kick out of that.

Reached Lake Oneal at Hatchie NWR and drove around that, spotted 16 different birds, ring necked ducks, gadwall, mallards, coot, Canada geese, hooded mergansers, to name a few. On the way home spotted an old deserted farm building so stopped to photograph that.

Days just don't come much better than this!

Bob Wright

Justice B. Swift

Single-Sixer
Bob,
Spending the day with good family, good food, good weather, good scenery, wild life... Just not sure how to top that (maybe a nap). I'm thinking that someone smiled down on you in a big way. Life doesn't "treat" us often enough. Glad you took time to share your good fortune. Happy Trails.
--Just B.S.--

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Pictures, you say?

OOPS! Forgot to set self timer:

Self timer set, didn't move fast enough:

SUCCESS!

My sister next to Nita is 93 years old. Whenever I invite her to anything, its usually "I'll have to check my calendar." Grass sure doesn't grow under her feet!

Did find one old barn to photograph:

Bob Wright

Latest posts