Original Reeder #5 w/Pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Not quite Full Blooded Ruger but it does have Ruger conversion lockwork... :)
One of the original 100 Reeder #5 Improved....! This gun is Colt SAA/medium frame Ruger size... Cylinder frame looks like a flattop Colt/Ruger hybrid with the action screws coming in from the left side of the cylinder frame... Octagon barrel and all in stainless steel! I understand it actually has Ruger conversion lockwork in it...
001-66.jpg

002-59.jpg

003-55.jpg

004-48.jpg

005-29.jpg

006-29.jpg

007-18.jpg

009-11.jpg

010-9.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-6.jpg

013-6.jpg

014-2.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
How's it shoot?

I can't imagine "conversion kit" lockwork.... eeh-gads!

The amount of work put into that hammer would be monumental, IMHO.

The rear sight is "interesting"..... do I see a round front style sight in a square mortise?

Overall, the design of the revolver is very nice!

JMHO,

flatgate

Redstick

Single-Sixer
flatgate":3hl0gs2x said:
The rear sight is "interesting"..... do I see a round front style sight in a square mortise?

Looks like a Gold Dot Front with V-Notch Rear. Like for Redhawk and on the Single Six Hunters.

AWESOME, Axe!!! :D

Axehandle

Buckeye
I agree on the lockwork... I think Reeder got a little liability happy with that.... He put some time into slicking it up though... Haven't shot it yet but we have a plan in place to fix that... Something about 7 .5 grains of Unique and some 250 Keiths...

Came with the v rear and brass bead express configuration that Reeder uses on everything.... It will have a patridge front and square notch rear when it gets to the range...

Axehandle

Buckeye
Cylinder and cylinder frame of this Reeder #5 is SAA/mid frame Ruger size... That dimension allows it to use Ruger lockwork. The TLA #5 is big enough to be a 44 magnum... Haven't looked hard at the grip frames... As a student of Keith you know he had small hands and this carried into grip frame of the original #5. I have been told that the TLA #5 grip frame got an inadvertent extra shortening in the development process.. Reeder purposely made his a but longer..