Original Brass Frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

victank1

Bearcat
I know where there is a Original Ruger Super Blackhawk frame and can buy it right. Will it add any value to a new model super blackhawk or is it just a little bling on a gun in which it did not come.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Well, the original Ruger SBH brass frame won't fit on a New Model without some serious modifications for the trigger return spring, which would ruin the value of the gripframe.

If it's for a NM, best is to not mess with it and buy an aftermarket NM brass gripframe.

You can still buy the gripframe, if it's price right, and hold on to it for a future OM or sell here on the forum.

Just my $0.02

BB45C

yessir, as BigBore says, if the price is right, buy it, save it for "trade bait "or to use later on, down the road........folks are always looking for those and they do come in handy from time to time.....

flatgate

Hawkeye
If the price is right...... go for it!

Just don't carve on it too much to get it to fit your New Model. As far as the trigger spring issue; if it was me I'd remove the New Model Trigger's "spring shelf" and then use the Old Model style of Trigger Spring and Plunger.

JMHO,

flatgate

162714765.jpg

victank1

Bearcat
Last night I puchased the Brass frame and the guy was going to install it and stopped and said, "this is an old model frame and you have a new model gun". We discussed buying an old model SBH and holding the frame until I got one and then like Flatgate says we decided to not modify the old brass frame but to modify the new model trigger. So things worked out and I now have my Brass Framed Super, and if and when I run across a old model I will have a nice frame for it. Now for some Stag Grips. Thanks Guys

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
flatgate":31jx2szc said:
Spike12":31jx2szc said:
Flatgate: You put that picture up there out of just plain meanness!

Me? Oh, no, not me! I'm just showing what a brass grip frame looks like....

:D

flatgate

It is those pictures that get me in trouble! Now, please excuse me, I need to find a towel to clean the drool off my keyboard.