'Original' .45 Vaquero with 3.75" barrel, non Birdshead

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Riot Earp

Bearcat
I have never seen one of these. The barrel warning is on the bottom. Is this a special offering by Ruger? Dealer says gun is brand new in case.

DSC02467.jpg

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
that barrel length is called a sheriff. they made with and without bird head grip. a few thousand where made in the early 2000s. what is the catalog number on the side of the box?

what is the first three serial numbers?

mine is stainless, and the warning is on the side of the barrel. the envelope that has the test fire cartridge probably has a date on it.

Riot Earp

Bearcat
The gun is being sold on gunbroker. I don't know the serial number, but I don't think it was made in the early 2000s because the warning is on the bottom.

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
Riot Earp":1y5qzfz7 said:
The gun is being sold on gunbroker. I don't know the serial number, but I don't think it was made in the early 2000s because the warning is on the bottom.

i think you are on to something.

they also have a 5.5 inch 44mag vaquero NIB. with the waring turned down. also the box doesn't have a hole drilled for lock.

captainkirk

Blackhawk
Probably a recent "clean up" model. Essentially a discontinued model assembled form existing parts and made to (some) current specs. The barrel warning being on the bottom and the grips would be some of those "updated" features.

Enjoy, my recent single six 32 purchase fell into that category as well.

captainkirk

captainkirk":20zn91mo said:
Probably a recent "clean up" model. Essentially a discontinued model assembled form existing parts and made to (some) current specs. The barrel warning being on the bottom and the grips would be some of those "updated" features.

Enjoy, my recent single six 32 purchase fell into that category as well.

captainkirk

Yep That has got to be a clean up gun. All of those had the warning on the side.
Buttttttttttttt interesting how do you come up with a on the bottom 3 3/4" clean up barrel. Ya would think all the left over limited size barrels would have the BS on the side.
Jim
Here are a couple
164-1.jpg

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
Wyandot Jim":13bu1m6o said:
Yep That has got to be a clean up gun. All of those had the warning on the side.
Buttttttttttttt interesting how do you come up with a on the bottom 3 3/4" clean up barrel. Ya would think all the left over limited size barrels would have the BS on the side.
Jim

maybe they are roll marked after assembly.