Oregon Non-resident Carry Permit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robtom

Bearcat
View attachment 6883 It Seems to have lived its life-span! Apparently, Multnomah (Portland) is easier than the more rural counties and is going to an online system later this month. It appears the rural areas are completely lost. Some say you must apply to a border state where you will be entering into OR (Malheur only issues permits to NV and ID), Crook appears to vacillate between no permits and issuing permits to who they please. Most of the northern counties do not issue non-resident permits at all and, at least, are honest about it. I am going to apply on-line when Multnomah comes on-line. Otherwise, I will simply open carry which is legal throughout the state except where prohibited (Figure that one out!) or lock my pistol in a locked container and keep the key handy (NOT in the lock!).

Thanks all for the advice!
I have an out of state permit from Oregon, try the Union County Sheriff in LaGrande,
View attachment 6883 It Seems to have lived its life-span! Apparently, Multnomah (Portland) is easier than the more rural counties and is going to an online system later this month. It appears the rural areas are completely lost. Some say you must apply to a border state where you will be entering into OR (Malheur only issues permits to NV and ID), Crook appears to vacillate between no permits and issuing permits to who they please. Most of the northern counties do not issue non-resident permits at all and, at least, are honest about it. I am going to apply on-line when Multnomah comes on-line. Otherwise, I will simply open carry which is legal throughout the state except where prohibited (Figure that one out!) or lock my pistol in a locked container and keep the key handy (NOT in the lock!).

Thanks all for the advice!
Take a look at Umatilla County, they offer a non resident waiver and it looks as if you "recreate" in their county you might be considered for a permit.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
From Umatilla Sheriff's Office: "We are not currently accepting New Applicants from Out of State. "

I'll try for a determination from Union County.

Thanks!!!