Ordered a New Gun for the Collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I work at Academy Sports and Outdoors here in Arkansas, and we are offered a "VIP" discount once a year per manufacturer on firearms. I ordered a Single Six Hunter. I think it will be great for squirrels and plinking. I can easily shoot 1000 rounds of .22 in one sitting, and I already have a .38, .357, .44, and a .45, plus a Bearcat, so I figured the Single Six would be a great addition. Plus, I loved the styling of the Hunter model and the extra features.

MSRP: $754

VIP price: $373.98 no tax or S&H. Good deal? I think so.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Jayhawkhuntclub":28lvixla said:
That's the best deal I've ever seen on a SS Hunter. Which, BTW, is the next gun on my wish list. Congratulations.

I saw your post in the Classified Section and wondered if'fn you'd seen THIS! :lol:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Redstick":17wcf9fi said:
Jayhawkhuntclub":17wcf9fi said:
That's the best deal I've ever seen on a SS Hunter. Which, BTW, is the next gun on my wish list. Congratulations.

I saw your post in the Classified Section and wondered if'fn you'd seen THIS! :lol:

That doesn't help Redstick! Just makes me envious. :cry:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Yeah, I had no idea when I started working at Academy that I would get such a great discount on guns. We also get comparable discounts (40-50%) of Leupold, Surefire, and other companies' products, and we get 25% off of the merchandise in the store. I work behind the gun counter, so I'm pretty much in Heaven. haha Not bad for a part-time job.

Latest posts