Or. Arms Collector show 8/28 & 29(photos added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
Folks,
The Oregon Arms Collectors big two day Aug. show is next weekend, Aug. 28 and 29 at the Holiday Inn Portland Air Port and Trade Center, 8439 NE Columbia Blvd., Portland Or. 97220.
Show hr. Sat 9am - 5pm and Sun. 9am - 3pm.

Come by and see some Rugers and meet Lovmydals and Terry T in person!
Terry T

lovemydals

Buckeye
Hey Terry T, meeting us in person just might keep them away.

Anyways, "Thanks" for posting this announcement.

Look forward to chatting about Rugers with other Ruger Forum members.

lmd

Terry T

Buckeye
Some photos of Lovemydal's and Terry T's Rugers:

A few Six Series Double Actions:

Some Vaqueros:

Some 200th year and RCA Old Armys:

We had a good time talking Rugers with folks.
Terry T

9/1/2010 photos removed at lovemydals request.

Terry T....

It was great visiting with you and Dennis, (lovemydals), again. It's pretty incredible that you fellers haul these great exhibits such great distances.

As I've said before, when one of these great shows, or exhibits, happens to be in your neighborhood, you owe it to yourself to go check out these displays, and meet the great folks that are so wonderful at sharing these displays, and are so wonderful at sharing their great knowledge of the guns they're sharing with us.

And, when I get to feeling good about myself, and my comparatively anemic collection, I know far behind I am.:roll:

Thanks.
WAYNO.

Terry T

Buckeye
Wayno,

"And, when I get to feeling good about myself, and my comparatively anemic collection, I know far behind I am"

It's not really a competition - it's about finding neat stuff, learning about an industry, preserving a right and having fun. It's about meeting great folks and having a good time together.

As they say, "The one who dies with the most toys,..... still dies!" :shock:

Terry T

Terry T said:
Wayno,

"And, when I get to feeling good about myself, and my comparatively anemic collection, I know far behind I am"

It's not really a competition - it's about finding neat stuff, learning about an industry, preserving a right and having fun. It's about meeting great folks and having a good time together.

As they say, "The one who dies with the most toys,..... still dies!" :shock:

Terry T

My point was, you fellers have nice collections. It was a compliment. That's all. :shock:

Terry T

Buckeye
Wayno,
THANK YOU! :D
I'm just trying to keep things in proper perspective for myself, too. :shock:
Terry T

lovemydals

Buckeye
[i said:
9/1/2010 photos removed at lovemydals request.[/i]

I asked Terry T to remove the photos of my displays, as he did not ask for permission before posting them. Besides, he didn't give me credit for my displays until I called him on it. I'm suprised that he removed his display photos though, as I didn't ask him to. His choice to do so.

lmd

PS - Here are photos of my displays at OAC:

On the left are a few stainless 200th Year Six Series DA revolvers. The two Police Service Sixes belong to Terry T. Thanks Terry for allowing me to use them in my display! One of the 4 inch barrel Security Sixes is a .38 Special caliber. Only three known at this time per Chad.

On the right are three RCA Old Army revolvers. The one on the top is one of two known of the four in existence with the two-line barrel address.

DSC_0045-1.jpg

In this photo is my AMT Baby Auto Mag Pistol "Dirty Harrys Plinker". It's been reported that about a thousand were produced, but the quantity has not been verified.

DSC_0044-2.jpg

On the left is two Harrington & Richardson U.S.R.A. Single Shot Pistols. I'm still looking for the 8 inch barrel variation.

On the right is two Reising Arms Company .22 Cal Target Automatic Pistols. These were offered for a very short time (1921 to 1925). In the 1924 catalog it listed knives & axes for sale. Has anyone seen any? I sure would like to find a few.

DSC_0043-1.jpg