Opinions on MARK II Safari 77RSM?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dunnyboy

Bearcat
Anyone using a Safari 77RSM in 375 H&H (or 416 / 458), and if so, how do you like it? I'm looking at locally and it seems to be extremely well made - good fitting - and strong. Balances well -f or me, Personally I like the extra weight in this caliber. Jsut wondering how they shoot. Trigger is not superb, but I imagine that can be rectified. Any input appreciated.

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
I own or have owned the M77 Express in .30-'06, .338 Win Mag and 375 H&H. For the money they are great rifles but I never liked the way the 375 H&H handled. Too bulky & heavy and it didn't balance well in my hands.

At a minimum, get rid of the brick-hard "recoil" pad and you'll thank yourself for it.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Ive got an M77 RSM in .416 Rigby.

Heavy but gorgeous and a shooter. Recoil with the .416 Rigby loaded to factory specs is just a good push even with the 400 grain bullet.
Mine prefer the Nosler 400 grain Partition. It will put 3 into a one and a half inch circle at 100 yards until my eyeballs are rattling around in my head.

Did I mention its Gorgeous?

guess I need photobucket or something to add images...

doccash

Buckeye
I have all three, and both styles of the .416 and .375. Love 'em all, 'ben to Afri9ca w/ .416 &.458 Lott. Wish I had more. Best rifle Ruger ever made IMO. Dr.C

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
I love mine. Relatively heavy for a 375. Fit and finish as good or better than anything I have seen come from Ruger. Trigger needed work. Mine is very accurate w/ loads it likes and accurate enough w/ any factory loads I have tried. Shoots pretty much everything from 250gr-300gr to the same point of aim. A characteristic of the cartridge more than the rifle. It is a beast, pure Robert Ruark. No question about its durability or reliability. Probably the best deal on an off the shelf DG rifle there is. I made my longest shot on a "game" animal (coyote) w/ mine using handloads down a Texas sendero. If I ever get to hunt Africa mine will be going w/ me.