Ooops, I bought an XDc 45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
So I think I messed up. I bought a used XD compact in 45 ACP from a friend on another forum. I, uh, really like it. It shoots really well. The QC is top nothch. This thing is very well built. I'm thinking my SR9's are just total crap now. Ok, maybe not. But for the price difference (new) there is a world of difference between the two.

But, the trigger seems a bit heavey. It's a nice trigger but has a lot of initial take up. Reset feels good. I don't think the trigger is that much better than my new SR9c (which has a pretty nice trigger). The barrel (XD) just fits so much better than the SR9. But, I still really like my SR9's. The fit my hand well, they shoot well and the size and shape conceals very well. And they feel a bit lighter than the XD (which seems pretty heavy).

Anyway, this is my first real experence with the XD. I've held them before but the palm safety just sorta turned me off. Not because it was there but because it feels like it's sunk to far into the grip. But, it works well. No issues from me. I could see myself with a couple of more of these XD's. I just like the fit and finish on it and the quality of the materials. Comparing it side by side with my SR9's, I can see why so many people are turned off by them.

But, for now anyway, I can get deals on 9mm all day long. 45 ACP? Not so much. Should I fell bad? Naaa.

Mike J

Hunter
I hope it does well for you Turbobuddha. My XD-40 has somewhere between 2500 & 3000 rounds through it with no problems. It is my usual carry.
Sometimes I wish I had got the .45. I didn't find out until after I had already bought the .40 that the .45 full sized magazine actually has one more round capacity than my .40. At the time I was looking for ammo commonality.

tdyoung58

Bearcat
I have a XD45c, and two other XD's, wish they made a XD9 compact not a fan of the XDm

I like it a lot, it's not gonna replace my P345 as my daily carry though, I'd rather carry something lighter