Only Sig snobs need apply ... LOL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
I have a friend who has bought from them regularly over the years. He has recommended them to me numerous times.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA,

You will NOT be disappointed with a P226, if you decide to go that way. Keep us informed, please.

REV

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Wow, what a great price. I have a Blackwater Tactical 226 and it is absolutely fantastic. If I didn't already have one, I'd jump on this.

BB45C

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think for the $40, I'd get the cleanest (VG+) one possible. The $40 difference won't matter a hoot over the length of time you own the gun.

These are truly SWEEEEET pistols !! I never thought I'd see that price again. My P226 was a 20+ year old specimen from West Germany. Got it 2 years ago ... looked like new ... some bureaucrat must have had it in his desk drawer for 20 years ... not a mark on it. Came with the original serial numbered box ... not sure if these do ... probably not, but it still wouldn't deter me if I were in the market for an exceptionally accurate high-end 9.

REV

CATTLEDAWG

Bearcat
Those prices are sick...wish I could find a SAS GEN 2 for that price!...That's my latest lust...

revhigh":3oxz6n62 said:
I think for the $40, I'd get the cleanest (VG+) one possible. The $40 difference won't matter a hoot over the length of time you own the gun.

These are truly SWEEEEET pistols !! I never thought I'd see that price again. My P226 was a 20+ year old specimen from West Germany. Got it 2 years ago ... looked like new ... some bureaucrat must have had it in his desk drawer for 20 years ... not a mark on it. Came with the original serial numbered box ... not sure if these do ... probably not, but it still wouldn't deter me if I were in the market for an exceptionally accurate high-end 9.

REV

DEFINITELY! didn't get off work before the time my local GS closed, but, I'm gonna print up some info from the site and take it to him, maybe gonna try to get him to order me one of the GV+ models.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA,

Just for your info. That's NOT the way to do it. What you should do is the following.

You should discuss with your gun shop this .... 'How much will you charge me to TRANSFER a gun I have shipped in to you prepaid from another FFL ? Should be about $20.

DO NOT HAVE THEM ORDER THE GUN FOR YOU. YOU will then have to pay state sales tax, as well as his markup, as well as shipping, as well as your state/fed fees to take ownership.

What you SHOULD do is this ....

1) Verify how much your shop will charge you to transfer the gun. If his price is high, call other shops. You should be able to get it done for $20-25.

2) Then ... YOU call JGSales and buy the gun. THEY will ask you what FFL you want the gun shipped to. You tell them what FFL you want to use, and they'll tell you if they have that FFL on file. If they do, which they probably will, they'll ship it prepaid to your FFL. If they DON'T have it on file, they'll ask you to get your FFL to fax them a copy of the FFL. This is no big deal, and your gun dealer should gladly do this. If he balks, he doesn't know the law ... find another FFL, or have him call JGSales, who WILL explain the law to him.

3) When you go to your FFL (dealer) after the gun arrives, you will pay ONLY the agreed upon transfer fee (the $20-25). You'll fill out the required standard paperwork, your FFL will call it in, and after you're approved, you walk out with the gun. That's it.

You will NOT pay ... markup or state tax. Your OTD price will be what you pay JGSales + your agreed upon transfer fees ($20-25).

Trust me ... this is how to do this.

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
revhigh":3w0jnd7y said:
DA,

Just for your info. That's NOT the way to do it. What you should do is the following. ...... ...... ...... ........ Trust me ... this is how to do this.

REV

Or, you could just do like some of us and just drive over there and slobber all over the guns in person. :wink:

Rev, if you ever travel west on I-80 make time to stop at Grice Gun Shop in Clearfield, amazing for a small sleepy western Pa town.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Thanks Armed, I'll check into that ... don't get out there very often, though !!! Unfortunately, it's difficult to slobber all over guns that the dealers don't have :D. By that I mean the bargain priced Sigs at JGSales. Of course you could slobber all over a NEW P226 at about $900. :D Too rich for my blood.

REV