Only In Texas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
Holsteins? I thought they were Guernsey. You just never know. A farm about 2 miles down the road has a herd of long horned cattle. Not really a Maryland breed.
My nephew has a few on his little ranch near San Saba, Texas.
31$$IMG_0235.jpeg
38$$IMG_0259.jpeg

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
In middle west Tennessee there seems to be a number of exotic animal collectors/dealers. Near Hoenwald, TN there is a "retirement home" for circus/zoo elephants, and down near Bolivar there is a dealer in exotic animals. The late Amanda Blake (Miss kitty) bought some animals form this place. Driving along US 64 ther is a bend in the road so at times ther looks like a camel or llama is crossing the road in front of you.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
And, as to "Only in Texas" I was just south of Ft. Worth when my horse pricked up his ears. Coming out of the woods in front of us were a couple of llamas.

And down near Mt. Pleasant, TX there is/was an ostrich ranch. I remember remarking to Nita, "What if Red River had been about an ostrich drive?"

Bob Wright

KIR

Sparks, NV
Be sort of like Red Buttons trying to milk a goat in Hatari.
While down in Mexico on my father's relatives ranch, I got to milk and drink goat's milk. Not bad if you don't mind it warm.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Now that looks real sporting to me. Guess that's why they call it a Modern Sporting Rifle.

As far as the zebra, wouldn't they also make some in double/triple, etc. zebras? Anyone remember Morgana the (DODGERS) kissing bandit? Chesty Morgan? Blaze Starr?
Hah, we were just shooting at an old metal tank about 75 yards from the back porch of his cabin.
I remember Morgana well, it was hard to miss her.

• Haha
Reactions: KIR
While down in Mexico on my father's relatives ranch, I got to milk and drink goat's milk. Not bad if you don't mind it warm.
Growing up around dairies, fresh from the cow was common. But there were always a few goats around. I prefer cow to goat.

One of the biggest misnomers in the milk industry is the idea of "whole" milk. It isn't, part of the butterfat has been removed. Not as much as non fat or the various %'s they sell today, but some. You know with all the low % milks they sell, you'd think it would be easy to find buttermilk, but not so much.

Growing up around dairies, fresh from the cow was common. But there were always a few goats around. I prefer cow to goat.

One of the biggest misnomers in the milk industry is the idea of "whole" milk. It isn't, part of the butterfat has been removed. Not as much as non fat or the various %'s they sell today, but some. You know with all the low % milks they sell, you'd think it would be easy to find buttermilk, but not so much.
After milking our cow twice a day from the time I was 12 until I moved out, I can't drink any store-bought milk. It all tastes watered down.

I knew a physician years ago who was a researcher of heart disease. He said we could cut down on heart attacks if adults just stopped milk which was only intended for humans when they were babies. He said he's rather his kids smoked than drank milk. That's a bit extreme, but it does seem unnatural for humans to drink the milk of another animal. Never cared for it even when I was a kid, although adding chocolate made it tolerable.