Only In Texas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bluebonnets and Holstein Cows on a ranch down the road close to Columbus Texas :)

1711483665984.png

gunzo

Hunter
If it has the toughest muscle known, a Texan will just add a few hours to the cooking time & slather more sauce on it.
Make sunshine & lemonade with what ya got,,,, Oh Yeah!

Good one Jim.

I was driving around some back country roads east of Corsicana. Came around a corner and the ranch was full of zebras and camels. Strangest thing to see in Texas.

I've also heard there are a lot of tigers here. But not sure.

There are numerous "African/Asian wild game" ranches scattered around the ranch roads in the Texas Hill Country - between Austin and Fredericksburg/Kerrville. I've seen several while riding motorcycles. Saw one ranch that had at least 8 different breeds/types. All of these ranches were surrounded by 10' high robust fences to keep the local critters (2 and 4 legged) from poaching. The fencing alone was a sizeable chunk of money.

gundog5

Single-Sixer
when I hunted in Africa I asked my professional hunter if they eat Zebras. He said that the natives will eat them. Also they have a lot of yellow fat. Sounds like you don't have enough barbecue sauce to make a good Zebra feed.

Gopher

Single-Sixer
Good one Jim.

I was driving around some back country roads east of Corsicana. Came around a corner and the ranch was full of zebras and camels. Strangest thing to see in Texas.

I was working out in the country one day when an Emu popped up out of the weeds next to the road and ran off. A few seconds later two kids on a four-wheeler came roaring by with the kid on the back standing up on the pegs with a lariat rope. I would love to see how that rodeo ended up. :LOL:

jav

Single-Sixer
We are in California some rich guy in the Danville area has camels and zebras on has hillside

Good one Jim.

I would be less surprised by Zebras in Texas than I was by the Camel we encountered in rural Ontario. The back roads between Kitchener and Bradford make it easy to make a wrong turn, but we always know that we are on the right road when we go past the Camel.

And then there is the time I was driving down Highway 68 close to Kentucky Lake when I noticed an Ostrich running down the highway ahead of me. I followed it for a time until it took a hard left and ran down the side of a fence row. About that time a pickup came roaring up beside me, stopped, and the driver sprang out in pursuit. I thought what the hell, he will probably need some help. The bird came to an intersection of two fences and became confused. The other guy tackled it, which was a pretty amazing feat, and I put my shirt over its head and secured its legs, somewhat, with a belt. He stayed with the bird while I retrieved his truck. We secured the escapee better, loaded her up and that was that. It was a female and I understand that they are a little smaller than the males which was a good thing. You just never know what the day will bring.

Latest posts