One revolver cartridge only ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hammer

Single-Sixer

Not a post about only one gun or one revolver...

But if you could have only one revolver cartridge...

Imagine you only had room for one Dillon Super 1050.

Wouldn't the one cartridge be the 44 Magnum ?

Load it up and down for nearly any job.

For the semi-auto it is a little more difficult to decide.

Both the 45 ACP and 10mm Auto work well in the 1911 and can handle any job appropriate for the 1911.

One caliber?

.22 LR. I can shoot it for fun, target shooting, as well for small game. A couple of bricks and I can shoot all day without being scared about breaking the bank for costs, easy on the ears and hands and wrists.

For centerfire my favorite is the .357 Magnum for a revolver since I don't hand gun hunt or take part in metallic target shooting at long range, plus it is powerful enough for defensive use.

For a semi automatic definitely the .45 ACP with the .40 S&W running a close second.

I have H&K USP handguns in both calibers. Very good firearms. :D

WendyZXZ":1uqwps0t said:
One caliber?

.22 LR. I can shoot it for fun, target shooting, as well for small game. A couple of bricks and I can shoot all day without being scared about breaking the bank for costs, easy on the ears and hands and wrists.

For centerfire my favorite is the .357 Magnum for a revolver since I don't hand gun hunt or take part in metallic target shooting at long range, plus it is powerful enough for defensive use.

For a semi automatic definitely the .45 ACP with the .40 S&W running a close second.

I have H&K USP handguns in both calibers. Very good firearms. :D

That's three JUST ONE gotta choose. ps

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
Sure would hate to be without my favorite, the .45colt, or for that matter, the .44 magnum but after thinking about it I believe the .357 magnum would be the most versatile of all. Loaded down for small game but capable of taking larger game by a careful hunter. It's also a pretty good target gun and a proven man stopper and available in guns small enough for most to carry concealed. :)

Put

Single-Sixer
The 45 Colt.

Loaded up hot for my Ruger or loaded slow for most shooting or my faverate, loaded with the Holy Black.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'd have the 45 Colt as well. Load up or down depending on the need. I can guarantee it would be a Bisley too. :)

M'BOGO

Buckeye
.45 Colt in a Blackhawk or Redhawk. Just me, the extra .02 inch won't matter much I know, but the .357 is the perfect personal defense round for a revolver, which is the nightstand power safety.
Why do these keep coming up?

Flash

Buckeye
The Magnum Research BFR in 30-30. For self defense, I can reload with solids and shoot through walls if need be. I am thinking more along the hunting weapon line though.

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
If you can have only one caliber it should be one that allows a rifle/ revolver combo. Probably a .44 Mag but might consider the .460 S&W loaded lighter for handgun and to 45-70 power for rifle.

REP1954

Blackhawk
The 357 Mag would have to be my choice based on the geographic area where I live (Mid West Michigan). It could also be used as a lever action cartridge for increased performance if and when needed. You can load or buy loads as light as cowboy to self defense to hard hitting Grizzley and Buffalo Bore. If one owns a Freedom Arms 353 revolver and handloads for themselves very heavy loads can be used.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Hands down the .44Mag. There is a plethora of cast and jacketed bullets available for it. It can be loaded up or down, mild to wild. I don't have to do a bunch of tinkering to get it to shoot and it works wonderfully in both sixgun and levergun. I have seven guns in the chambering and already have my Dillon set up for it. ;)