One Of A Kind Single Action

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cubrock

Blackhawk
d findley":pxzhd0cj said:
The serial number is 5. I met Bill Grover at a Gun Show years back in Houston. He said he would make me a gun in any barrel length and any caliber I wanted. I asked about a low number. He said how about 5? At the time of his death he was working on a single shot .22 hand gun. We lost a great pistolsmith.

Excellent gun! I'd like to talk with you some more about it later on.

As to the .22 single shot, are you referring to the Jezebel? I own the prototype gun - SN 1.

jezebelleft.jpg

Mr. Findley that is too cool! Now I know mine has a sibling :lol: Like you, 41 is my favorite caliber and I would love to find if Grover ever did make a #5 Improved in 41 Mag. It sounds like the company records are such that we may never fully know what Grover made and how many of each style and caliber.

cubrock

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes":3n7ow60s said:
Mr. Findley that is too cool! Now I know mine has a sibling :lol: Like you, 41 is my favorite caliber and I would love to find if Grover ever did make a #5 Improved in 41 Mag. It sounds like the company records are such that we may never fully know what Grover made and how many of each style and caliber.

Grover definitely made at least two #5s in .41 Magnum. I have corresponded with the owners of said guns.

cubrock

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes":3p4nxjlt said:
Two #5 Improved 41 mags? That is one for you Cubrock and one for me, PERFECT! When do we start the groundwork to snag one? :lol:

What a coup that would be, eh? :lol:

jefats

Bearcat
Wow! These are two really nice pieces. Interesting that Grover used different front sights and cylinder base pins.

Wish I had one :cry:

Latest posts